Sign in to follow this  
Claude Troncy

DHM BUMP during final approach.

Bonjour,

I love DHM/Bump effects but with heavy crosswind and gusts, I often finish in the grass.....  :(

So I wonder if it would not possible for LWE  to calm the effects of the wind during the last phase of approach (below xxx feets AGL). It could be progressive. (for all the cameras)

I know there is a toggle shortcut to disable/enable DHM but in my case it doesn't work, and it's too radical.

What do you think ?

For the moment I have duplicated my view with less DHM/BUMP and switch during final approach.....  

Best regards

Claude.

Claude Troncy

You can only use the DHM menu for the camera view and either tick the Less Turbulence option or reduce the turbulence effect slider.

If using FSX then try turning off the Bump Aircraft option completely in the DHM dialog as you don't really need it with the new injected and coordinated wing flex turbulence and wind shear data. You could also leave DHM on and turn off the sims turbulence and the ram effects if you wish. But with FSX just disabling Bump Aircraft in DHM should be enough.

Let me know how you get on, I could always interpret the Less Turbulence option more effectively with regard to strong winds and gusts. Might do that anyway in the next release to at least give you an option. We are mostly asked to increase the turbulence. Try the above measures anyhow and report back.

Stephen :-)

Hi Stephen...

So I disabled Bump Aircraft... and now I can land without problem with crosswind and gust.

What does it mean ? The effect was double with both Bump and wing flex  ?

We are mostly asked to increase the turbulence

Yes I like turbulence too, but for me it was too much during manual landing otherwise it was OK during the flight... The AP manage it very well..

Where is the reality ?

May be we could have a shortcut for enable/disable Bump....

I would like to say that the new functionality "Weather theme" is a very good addition to OPUSFSI.

Merci for yr help... The cabin crew also thank you ...  :smile:

Best regards

Claude

Claude Troncy

Hi Claude,

Yes, you no longer need Bump Aircraft now that we have coordinated the injected wing flex (turbulence) and wind shear data injected into the sim. We were just about to remove BA for the time being before developing it further when someone requested it be left in until we have prepared the replacement or new user configurable option. So our current recommendation is no BA, just enable Wing Flex and the sims Turbulence and Thermal effects. BA has already been disabled for P3D which no longer likes any such aircraft bumps. If you are happy without BA as it's not needed for aircraft effects now then best leave it disabled completely. We will still be looking at BA again to develop a supplementary user controlled effect. Something that users can fine tune to match their own systems or personal preferences.

Until then just leave BA disabled unless you really like the struggle. I find the current wing flex and coordinated sim effects work very well.

Thank you Stephen...

So to day, there is no way to modulate the wing flex turbulence as with the bump slider.

The equivalent bump effect will be implemented in a future version.

Best regards

Claude

Claude Troncy

You can use the Less Turbulence option in the DHM dialog. This will reduce the level of turbulence injected into the sim as it affects the calculated turbulence strength at that location on the weather map just as it does in real time. In the next release the Less Turbulence DHM option will also reduce the wind related turbulence even further. But as I mentioned above, you really only need to disable the DHM Bump Aircraft on FSX systems.