Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

I've had it with FSX, I think it's time for P3D

You might not ever need any migration tools depending on what addons you have. The only one I've ever used was my keyboard, most of it is pretty simple.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

(look @ Rob's setting for starter)

Thanks John, where do I find this?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Nah, I'm done and sick of tweaking this thing. Thanks for the heads up. Will the migration tool port over Radar Contact? I can't switch to P3D if RC isn't working in it.

I'm going to wait until 2.5 is out and until the migration tool is updated and then go ahead with the switch.

Personally I don't have RC installed since years..... and I'm not shure it will work.... EMT (Estonia Migration Tool) will work for most FSX scenery's..... however - the price you pay may be a penalty in performance, since they are not compiled with P3D's native compilers.... I stoped installing any non P3Dv2.x native stuff, as it might produce Memory leaks....

In regards to RC.... did you ever try VATSIM or IVAO ? If ATC is online there its waaaaaaaay better / more realistic then any ATC program, and without ATC online, at least I have a quiet flight.... without someone nagging me... :wink:

on the other hand - try to install RC with EMT - and see what happens..... (make a backup image before  :Whistle: )

regards

Personally I don't have RC installed since years..... and I'm not shure it will work

Of course it'll work. It only needs FSUIPC installed and MakeRunways used to generate the data it needs.. The rest is identical It doesn't need migrating. It doesn't have anything specific to the version of FS.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Of course it'll work. It only needs FSUIPC installed and MakeRunways used to generate the data it needs.. The rest is identical It doesn't need migrating. It doesn't have anything specific to the version of FS.

Pete

ah, thanks, good to know - I thought they had some dll's in there..... never mind - its collecting dust with me.....

I wouldn't bother. I've got rid of P3D and gone back to FSX for flight simulation. Sick of having to reinstall P3D each time they "update" it. Life is too short etc.

Much smoother and less buggy now in FSX DX10 mode. 

P3D is just FSX with shadows. I can live without shadows. I want a flight simulator not a shadow simulator.

Good luck if you decide to try it!

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. Will the migration tool port over Radar Contact?

Your Radar Contact install will work as it is,

No need to reinstall it, just point it to your P3D Flt/WX path, run Makerwys and then rebuild your RC Scenery DB pointing it to your P3D path.

As far as Radar Contact is concerned P3D is basically the same as FSX.

Seeing PMDG's commitment to P3D was the trigger and I am now completely transitioned to P3D.  It took about a day to get everything I use converted over.  It's nice to be on an updated platform again.  Everything is working smoothly and I'm glad I made the switch.  If you're thinking about it, and dedicated this hobby I think now is the right time and this is the right application. It wasn't that complicated for me.  Lots of downloading.  I recommend using a download manager like Internet Download Manager.  Good Luck!

OrbX, ASN, Vpilot, Flightbeam, FSDT, Aivlasoft EFB, 777 all working great.

Doug 

Doug Wilson

I agree with that. I rarely fly FSX because P3D performs and looks better.

The grass is definitely greener!

ahem,  

It depends!

I have been to this grass, and I will download 2.5 to try again, but depending on what you do with your sim, it's not greener.  64 bit conversion is a promise, it may never be materialize.  All my existing add-ons can install fine with P3Dv2 but there are quirks.  ORBX performance is worst in P3D than in FSX for my setup.  Even with just plain vanilla P3D and only FTX Global and Vector installed, I have stutters in steep turns.  Some may ignore the quirks, but for me it's driven me nuts.  So to the OP, I have no idea what was in your FSX that cause OOM, but try to download the developer 30 days license to play around first or try it for 60 days, you can always ask for a refund (but you can only do it once) then decide.  You will need to buy add-on again and since the platform is evolving, there will be breakage, so be warned.

Good luck.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I wouldn't bother. I've got rid of P3D and gone back to FSX for flight simulation. Sick of having to reinstall P3D each time they "update" it. Life is too short etc.

Much smoother and less buggy now in FSX DX10 mode. 

P3D is just FSX with shadows. I can live without shadows. I want a flight simulator not a shadow simulator.

Good luck if you decide to try it!

Aahahahhahah! Aahahhahahaha.

Useless trolling comment of the day award goes to this guy

Plonker!

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

For the OP, did you try FSX-SE? From the benchmarks it really does help regarding VAS management and the usual OOMs

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Aahahahhahah! Aahahhahahaha.

Useless trolling comment of the day award goes to this guy

Plonker!

wrong........... you win by a landslide

ZORAN

wrong........... you win by a landslide

Go home, you're drunk!

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Haha it's all so funny... From the, "I've got 2 terrabytes of addons and 90% of them don't work on the new platform because the developers don't exist anymore so I'm not moving anywhere." To the "I tried it, and it was rubbish anyone got a copy of FLY! That was the best. Besides I've got two terabytes of addons. of course I use them!." To the, "Pah! it's got better lighting and stuff, why do I need that? I preferred it when you only had wire frame graphics but I was forced to change because the dog ate the floppy disks." To the, "I downloaded it in secret but I'm not going to lose face with all my buddies and admit it." To the, "I never buy anything new, it's not as good as the old stuff and besides, I prefer the stuff that's out of development because then I can sit and moan. And..., I've got two terabytes of addons..."

I do find the world and people in it interesting.