Sign in to follow this  
Hammerheadmike

The P3D T777 is terrific

Dear PMDG and fellow Pilots,

Flight Simulation has finally moved on. I have completed 3 flights in the mighty triple on P3D yesterday/today, and it's fabulous.

Yes - one OOM, but I've followed advice and set up a default flight and turned stuff down. That's life, and PMDG have really pushed their limit on a 32bit sim. It's an amazing achievement.

I have asked the guys at virtual avionics about updating the IPAD CPU app for P3D, and they are already on it.

I'm looking forward to the V2 Queen, but anxiety has rescinded for the time being - until I'm faced with the fate of whether my trusty Aerosoft 744 MCP/EFIS/EICAS hardware will ever function with the V2. FSLabs Lefteris seems to have abandoned future upgrades on the interface, so I'm fearing the worst.

Anyway - back to the good news, I'm one very happy customer. Thank you for the triple, it's a staggeringly good job - and I very much enjoying flying her.

I am jolly glad you're enjoying it Mike. I do get a bit worried though when I see this as I'm an FSX man and although I have P3D, I don't really want to migrate. I hope PMDG stick with FSX for many future projects as the amount of money I've spent on my FSX, I don't want to abandon it.

It's fab you're enjoying it though do you have the FSX version? Do you find it significantly better on P3D? I might be convinced by it one day... ^_^

I think in time we will all have to move to P3D. For me I'm going to wait for the 64bit version to be released then will move over. Kind of resigned myself to the expense of moving over but trying to save for it and expect I've a little while until the 64bit version is released.

Will be making the Jump soon to P3D and a 777 P3D Discount licence. :)

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I agree too that it is a great product for P3D. I think that once the NGX and/or the 744v2 come out for it, that I can officially retire FSX. Thanks PMDG for ruining FSX for me (but in the best possible way). Just wish the ol' tri-tuber MD-11 would make the crossover, but I know that's not going to happen, but there is always hope.

Thanks again PMDG and keep up the great work, and don't let the Donny Downers get to you, they don't represent the vast majority of people in this HOBBY (and to all those people that think spending $90 on something for a hobby is too much.... look at a price of, say, a locomotive in a more "traditional" hobby such model railroading, or anything in RC Aircraft or Cars and you will see that the T7 is a great deal).

It's fab you're enjoying it though do you have the FSX version? Do you find it significantly better on P3D? I might be convinced by it one day... ^_^

Hello. I did not personally own the T777 in FSX. I have flown it in FSX for 5-10 hours on someone else's machine, and like it. I didn't buy it as wanted to commit to P3D.

I have been flying the Queen since 2005.

The main difference with P3D is the incredible lighting and shadows - and the ability to make use of high end modern gfx cards. It also runs more reliably without the need to endlessly tweak config files etc.

Couple it with the T777 and its formidable.

Have a great day :)

Reading through the forum about the P3D version, I realize that some people have problems with low fps, some other with OOMs, others with stutters and some more with blurry textures in the cockpit. Any comments?

Thank you.

James Goggi

I'd say... PMDG is Terrific! in any platform... It'll be a Dream Come True if they just supported my DCS World too :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Having spent considerable time with her, I agree with mostly everything here. She IS terrific. P3D IS a totally different animal from FSX, and simply selecting similar settings is NOT the answer. I run a 2600k and GTX570 at the moment. After much experimentation I am happy enough to wait for Broadwell. Are there trade-offs- YES. Can I run everything maxed out- NO. But, is the compromise satisfactory- absolutely (while whetting my appetite for what the next upgrade will bring).

Take your time, do your research, select appropriate texture quality (in sim, in clouds, in ground/scenery, in autogen) and fly. Ferrari's are different from Fords- but they both get you where you're going (the experience is different no doubt).

FWIW- just ONE opinion. As evident- there are many.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Agreed. One more thing I noticed today, switching to cockpit view does not bring that underlying green area that I saw in DX10 fixer under FSX.

Overall, a smile to my face. Now all I am looking for to complete the migration is to have the NGX in P3D.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020