Sign in to follow this  
gstreet

Help with fsx se

First, you need to make sure you can view hidden folders and files. To do this:

1. Click Start.

2. Type "search" in start search box.

3. click "Change search options for files and folders".

4. Now, Click on View tab .

5. Under View,

a)Select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, and drives

b)Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types.

c)Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files.

6. Click on Apply and Ok.

Now you should be able to find the file using the Windows search tool (i.e., "Start," "Search.")

Geoff

Can you take a screenshot of your AppData and post it here?

Hmmm. I think what I would try is renaming that file by adding.bak to the end, then seeing if the program will run ok. (If that doesn't help or causes other problems, then change the name back. If it does do the trick, you can either leave the renamed file or delete it.)

Vc10man - this is about FSX-SE, not Lockheed's Prepar3D.

Oops, I need glasses. I was reading a Prepar3D post and inadvertently just let my thought pattern goes astray. But it makes not much difference anyway, because the FSX-SE.cfg is still in the same AppData folder

Uh oh, see this thread. I don't know if this person ever got the problem solved -

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/how-do-i-delete-lwcfg-xml.10876/

Another relevant post thread that you may find helpful -http://forum.avsim.net/topic/363584-living-world-cfg/

Ok I will look into those options. Unfortunately one of the possible options to fix requires a utility that only uses  command line and I am not super great at that. I truly cannot thank you guys enough for all the help. I will keep trying some other options and maybe sometime this year Dovetail will reply. They really should take a lesson from all the people here on technical support. 

Oops, I need glasses. I was reading a Prepar3D post and inadvertently just let my thought pattern goes astray. But it makes not much difference anyway, because the FSX-SE.cfg is still in the same AppData folder

Ha no worries I assumed that but you know what they say about assuming... :lol: