Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

UT for USA and Canada/Alaska.

Well..I just bought both..and installed both on my system. They both seemed to install to the end result.

Nothing of the two programs shows up in the Scenery Lib.

I have a Flight One folder in the parent FS9 folder, with what appears to be the programs, but I have tried to manually bring them into the scenery lib...and can't for the life of me.  It seems that the install(s) failed to bring both into FS9

So...how do you manually let FS9 know they are there?!?!?!?

In the Flight One folder I have 

Ultimate Terrain Folder, of which in that are the following folders;

Canada

Common

Day

FS Color Match

High Sodium

Low Sodium

Mercury

Terrain

USA

(one TextCfg  application

Ses

UT has very low priority...look in your scenery.cfg file and check among the first entries and should see something like:

[Area.013]

Title=Ultimate Terrain - Canada & Alaska

Local=SCENERY\UTCANADA

Remote=

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Layer=13

[Area.014]

Title=Ultimate Terrain - USA

Local=SCENERY\UTUSA

Remote=

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Layer=14

Also your main scenery folder should contain the subfolders UTUSA and UTCanada

UT has very low priority...look in your scenery.cfg file and check among the first entries and should see something like:

[Area.013]
Title=Ultimate Terrain - Canada & Alaska
Local=SCENERY\UTCANADA
Remote=
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=13

[Area.014]
Title=Ultimate Terrain - USA
Local=SCENERY\UTUSA
Remote=
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=14

Also your main scenery folder should contain the subfolders UTUSA and UTCanada

Thanks Steve!

I just rebooted my system, and then fired up FS9 as soon as upon the Desktop. I then went to the Scenery Lib, and found one entry as #1---UT USA, but no UT Canada. I'll check out what you posted, and will get back. Thank you for responding. 

Post Edit:  Steve, I added them by finding them in the Scenery folder, and added them through the 'add scenery button'. I wonder though, why the installation didn't do its thing to auto-install the needed entries?  Did they for you, on first install?

Thanks again,

Post Edit 2:  UT is up and running...wow...love the night lights!   

Mitch

Man, what a difference UT makes to FS9!  I should have got this in '05.....

Very happy with the output....especially around Toronto.... :P

I have FPS set to 30...and it stays there...no matter what I view...

Man...what a DOG...Myrtle Beach KMYR was before I installed UT USA for FS9.   ...and I didn't even know it.....yech!

It looks good now...and actually does have the features, that I love about the place.  Like I said...the stock FS9...(now I have something to compare it to..) looks like a dog...without the UT product. Yeah...I came late to the party..but better late..than never...lol.

Back to the flight....down the coast.....towards Savannah, Georgia

If you're going that direction, be sure to add the FSFreeFlow sceneries... They're compatible with UTUSA(or can be made so)... And they extend coverage to the Bahamas. Then, there's a fine rendition of Puerto Rico to find and the Antilles2004 project to install... I love the gulf coast and the Caribbean in FS9!

If you're going that direction, be sure to add the FSFreeFlow sceneries... They're compatible with UTUSA(or can be made so)... And they extend coverage to the Bahamas. Then, there's a fine rendition of Puerto Rico to find and the Antilles2004 project to install... I love the gulf coast and the Caribbean in FS9!

I'll look into that...but I have found my first quagmire...UT USA, is broken in the San Francisco Bay area....roads are covering the ocean, leading out into the water and bay about a thousand feet or more......looks terrible What can be done about that.  Is there a patch for this...

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/Rr5

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/RrY

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/RrZ

This was not done very well...not at all.  This is with the UT 'corrected' land mass and roads system'.

I'll look into that...but I have found my first quagmire...UT USA, is broken in the San Francisco Bay area....roads are covering the ocean, leading out into the water and bay about a thousand feet or more......looks terrible What can be done about that. Is there a patch for this...

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/Rr5

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/RrY

This was not done very well...not at all. This is with the UT 'corrected' land mass and roads system'.

You've got a problem for sure, but it isn't ultimate terrain's fault. You should re run the configurator or reinstall ultimate terrain.

You've got a problem for sure, but it isn't ultimate terrain's fault. You should re run the configurator or reinstall ultimate terrain.

Ran the configuration on both programs...and made no difference.  I have now uninstalled both programs and will attempt to reinstall.  Not impressed so far....:(    The night lighting was good though....

I would not try to install UT manually as it overwrites many files and backs up originals. An incorrect or partial installation, will give those type of problems. I still find some double coastlines here and there that I have never been able to resolve, but most are minor and I've learned to just ignore them. When you find conflicts check for third party addons in that area and run any compatibility patches or configuration programs that come with those sceneries where the author has changed or fixed the terrain or coast lines, etc.    

I would not try to install UT manually as it overwrites many files and backs up originals. An incorrect or partial installation, will give those type of problems. I still find some double coastlines here and there that I have never been able to resolve, but most are minor and I've learned to just ignore them. When you find conflicts check for third party addons in that area and run any compatibility patches or configuration programs that come with those sceneries where the author has changed or fixed the terrain or coast lines, etc.    

Steve, where do have the UT's in your Scenery Lib?  What level?

Also, I returned everything to stock...then uninstalled...then installed again..and yet,  the installation does NOT put the correct notations in the scenery.cfg file. Nothing...I still have to point the Scenery Lib to the Scenery Folder to have the UT product installed.  Never had this trouble with any of the UT(X) series!

Post Edit 2:  Just installed it yet again....and this is just off KOAK Oakland, California.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/Rr7

Mitch

After installing UT did you run the setup program?

Manually installing stuff like UT is asking for trouble, stuff like your screenshot.

UT disables a bunch of default files and there is simply no way to handle it manually.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

After installing UT did you run the setup program?

Manually installing stuff like UT is asking for trouble, stuff like your screenshot.

UT disables a bunch of default files and there is simply no way to handle it manually.

regards,

Joe

Ran the install....ran the setup....picked what I wanted....and what you see was the result.  Not too happy...and can't fix it.   I'm going to contact Flight1 for refund track.  Thanks for your input, Joe.  This should have been a snap....   install, set up...and go.   Didn't happen.   BTW, Joe...where do you have your UT's installed in your Scenery Lib?  What level...or above or under what?  Just curious....

As for my install locations, wherever the setup tool put them.

I will not have access to my FS PC for a couple days so I can't be more specific.

The only thing I can add is that occasionally this stuff shows up and can usually be fixed by running the setup tool again.

Revert everything back to default, then set it up the way you want.

Also note that UT does not always play nice with other addons (stuff like Glacier Bay) and adjustments have to be made.

That being said, I am not aware of anything for the KOAK area that conflicts with UT.

regards,

Joe

added- Flight1 gives you 30 days, I would not give up on UT on day 1. there has to be a fix.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif