Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

CFM56-7BE for the 737 NGX?

Hello, 

i´m so happy that we will see a new update for our famous PMDG 737 NGX, soon. I red that the new 737 NG´s are equipped with the advanced CFM56-7BE engines in the real world! Is it possible that we will get these engines for our 737 NGX, too? 

It seems not really important but it would be a nice to have, so we can simulate the newest 737 airplanes of our airlines etc. 

maukro_1990

Hi Maurice,

Could you have the Real World CFM56-/BE parameters data and equations to pass to PMDG staff to simulate that engine? Otherwise I thik is very difficult to simulate a brand new engine w/o engine data...

Best

Andrea B.

I think that would take too much time and effort. PMDG would have to create a whole new flight model just for this engine. Then add on this engine to the 4 models, that's 4 new flight models, all of which need to include incredibly accurate performance on both 2 engines and 1 engine. I highly doubt this will happen I'm afraid to say.

Only visual difference is the shorter exhaust and I would love to get just the visuals since I am personally not about performance (of the engine).

But if remodeling would be too hard (while I think they will make split winglet as well so the model gets changed anyways) they could also do something in the textures of the exhaust so that the painter can remove a part with the alphachannel like you can with the windows. Would be quite easy I think.

Only visual difference is the shorter exhaust and I would love to get just the visuals since I am personally not about performance (of the engine).

But if remodeling would be too hard (while I think they will make split winglet as well so the model gets changed anyways) they could also do something in the textures of the exhaust so that the painter can remove a part with the alphachannel like you can with the windows. Would be quite easy I think.

If the only change physically is a shorter exhaust then is there really much point in remodelling it? If the entire flight dynamics were done then yes, but just a different model seems kinda pointless...

That why I am saying that the visual part can be solved by just an alpha channel. Right now it starts to look really odd with the newer liveries and the older engines. But that is just me and realism (and for my video's of course).

Could be an easy fix in the textures. It is possible cuz I sort of tried it. Only 1 value of the material has to be changed in the modeling software and it is good to go!

They could also make an option in the FMC which enable or disable the polygons of it like they already do with the windows, hud and many more things.

Hello, 

i´m so happy that we will see a new update for our famous PMDG 737 NGX, soon. I red that the new 737 NG´s are equipped with the advanced CFM56-7BE engines in the real world! Is it possible that we will get these engines for our 737 NGX, too? 

It seems not really important but it would be a nice to have, so we can simulate the newest 737 airplanes of our airlines etc. 

maukro_1990

I would also love the new LED lights on the B737 wings, who is installed as normal from LN3700, to simulate that.

It is quite the same Strobelights as the B787 it not flashes so fast, it is quite slow :)

All new Norwegian planes do have that LED lights installed, it looks so more nice than the old strobelights :)

From the Aircraft Briefing Card for LN-NHC:

AIRCRAFT BRIEFING CARD
 LNNHC SN:41128 TabNo:YT268 ABCRevision:10feb15
 1. Rockwell Collins, MULTISCAN WXR-2100 Weather Radar System
 installed.
 2. ROW 44 wifi system installed. System shall be turned off
 when deicing.
 3. Air Data probe Heat – Automation. Auto – Function With
 Engine(s) Running.
 4. IFE VIDEO ON light installed on P5 Panel.
 5. Sky Interior.
 6. FMCS – Engine-Out Standard Instrument Departures (SIDs)
 enabled. DO NOT USE until further! Software NOT ready.
 7. New Winglets with LED Lights - Navigation light lenses
 are no longer colored Green & Red. Colors are now an
 integrated part of the LED lights functionality.
 8. CFM56-7B26E – EVOLUTION Engines installed as delivery
 Standard (from LN3700).
 9. Short Primary Exhaust Nozzle and Exhaust Plug MUST be
 installed on both engines as STD – in combination with
 the New Aft Strut Fairing Heat Shield with Plume
 Suppressor.
 10. TCAS II, Software V7.1 - with new "Level off, Level off"
 RA logic.
 11. FCC Ops software 8.0 installed. Change from previous FCC
 software versions: With AP engaged automatic transition
 to CWS mode is no longer possible with control wheel
 input.
 12. MEDB - Model Engine Data Base SW in FMC are new! This
 will give advantage of improved Short Field Take off &
 Landing performance with carbon brakes (PRR39058).
 13. Messier Bugatti – CARBON BRAKES – Installed.
 14. Seating sections 186:
 [A: Rows 1-9], [b: Rows 10-22], [C: Rows 23-31]
 15. MZFM: 62731 kg, MTOM: 78999 kg, MLM: 66360 kg 

Yes, it would be cool if we get these new features. But even if we don´t get these things, i´m sure that we will love the new update!!! ;).... 

How the hell would that be "cool"!? Your head should be in the cockpit end monitoring the instruments and panels!!! Don't use the ngx if you don't want to fly properly!!!

You people annoy me. Why do you want the best addon aircraft developers in the world wasting time making the ngx look like <insert stupid random thing here>, when <insert stupid random thing here> has little to no flight deck effect?!

The Evolution brings an improved sfc and maintenance improvements. again - little, to no cockpit effect.

You amateurs should go and annoy some other developer.

Can't believe this dumb thread exists.

Brian Nellis.

Brian Nellis

How the hell would that be "cool"!? Your head should be in the cockpit end monitoring the instruments and panels!!! Don't use the ngx if you don't want to fly properly!!!

You people annoy me. Why do you want the best addon aircraft developers in the world wasting time making the ngx look like <insert stupid random thing here>, when <insert stupid random thing here> has little to no flight deck effect?!

The Evolution brings an improved sfc and maintenance improvements. again - little, to no cockpit effect.

You amateurs should go and annoy some other developer.

Can't believe this dumb thread exists.

Brian Nellis.

Wow you really need to calm down..... they have every right to request something they would like to see. If you don't want to read dumb threads like these then don't read them!