Sign in to follow this  
gfd

Questions and Suggestion

Greetings,

Thanks for the excellent program. I have a couple of questions and a suggestion:

-there is an option to run more than 1 instance of SIMstarter. Does that effectively double the number of available profiles?

-I would like to backup my profiles and program settings. Which files and folders need to be backed up so I can restore the state of the program?

-I do have a suggestion. You very thoughtfully added an option to run FTX Central before beginning to load P3D, in order to change regions/global. Would you consider adding an option to also run the Vector configurator? If I am flying from one metropolitan area to another, there are certain items I may uncheck to save scenery loading, and therefore, memory use. I save vector profiles and it would be easy to load a saved profile. The thing is remembering to do so. As you currently run FTX Central, it saves me having to remember (remember what...?!?)  :huh: to run it before opening P3D. Having the option to automatically run Vector configurator would also be very helpful. I could add it to the run set, but it would not open as P3D would be active.

Thanks again.

Greetings,

Thanks for the excellent program. I have a couple of questions and a suggestion:

-there is an option to run more than 1 instance of SIMstarter. Does that effectively double the number of available profiles?

-I would like to backup my profiles and program settings. Which files and folders need to be backed up so I can restore the state of the program?

-I do have a suggestion. You very thoughtfully added an option to run FTX Central before beginning to load P3D, in order to change regions/global. Would you consider adding an option to also run the Vector configurator? If I am flying from one metropolitan area to another, there are certain items I may uncheck to save scenery loading, and therefore, memory use. I save vector profiles and it would be easy to load a saved profile. The thing is remembering to do so. As you currently run FTX Central, it saves me having to remember (remember what...?!?)  :huh: to run it before opening P3D. Having the option to automatically run Vector configurator would also be very helpful. I could add it to the run set, but it would not open as P3D would be active.

Thanks again.

1) Yes, just tick "Allow multiple instances of SIMstarter" at the program settings. But that is not really recommanded, because you could do changes which could be overwritten by the other instance of SIMstarter. From my point of view, there is not need

2) All user data is stored in ".\Userprofiles", SIMstarter.ini and userChanges.log

3) Good idea. ;O)

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder