Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

What Has Happened

This is so weird. A quarter of an hour ago, I was flying the PMDG777-300ER on a long haul flight out of EBBR, and had reached cruise, then decided to save the flight. Prior to that I'd installed GSX. Now, when I try to re-start P3D, it shows up in the taskbar for a few seconds, then disappears. Anyone any idea what the hell is going on?

Did you install as Administrator?   Or...if you did install, right click on program and click 'run as administrator' and SAVE

It has been installed for the last 6 months, although I only started using often the last few weeks. It has been running fine up until an hour ago, when prior to Saving a Flight, I ran the installer for FSDT's GSX. That is the only thing that has altered. I always install with full Administrator rights.

Done as you have suggested, go no further.

I suggest you try going to the FSDT website and downloading the latest version of their Addon Manager software. 7 times out of 10, it will solve your issues. Good luck. ;o)

regards, Jazz

I should add, this usually works, if indeed the problem has been caused by an update to GSX or the addon manager. I have found FSDT's software to be beautifully brilliant, but sometimes very quirky.

Jazz

You STAR!!!! Take a bow, Sir. If I could buy you a drink in a speakeasy(jazz club, smokey atmosphere........you get the picture),I'd gladly do so. Your trick worked!

Jazz, eh? Who you into? I too like jazz a lot.

I'm happy that it worked for you. As for my all time favourite jazz singer, that has to be Frank Sinatra, followed by Tony Bennett. These days, artists like Micheal Buble, Diana Krall, and Norah Jones, are usually playing in the background at my house.

Cheers, Jazz

Same tastes as me. But I'm into jazz guitarists more.

But I'm into jazz guitarists more.

Do you dig Charlie Byrd?

Do you dig Charlie Byrd?

First got into jazz guitarists when I heard an incredible man, with a deformity in his hands, a gypsy, Django Rheinhardt playing with Stephane Grappelli ,way back in the late 50s. That got me hooked. Thereafter, it has been Charlie Christian, Wes Montgomery, Charlie Byrd, Joe Pass, Kenny Burrell, George Benson, Lee Ritenour, just to name a few. Am currently taking lessons in learning to play like Wes.

I'll never forget the scraps I got into late-50s to mid-60s when I was espoused the merits of Sinatra being a better singer, a better actor, a better all-rounder than Elvis, who was the rage then. That was before he left Harry James.

First got into jazz guitarists when I heard an incredible man, with a deformity in his hands, a gypsy, Django Rheinhardt playing with Stephane Grappelli

None better, musically.

I was entranced by the bossa nova, Sergio Mendes, Jobin etc. and those 'different' rhythms inevitably led to jazz.  I've been a happy chappy ever since.

That's the music of my home country.

Jobim+Stan Getz...........sheer class. Listen to an LP(yes, those old fashioned vinyl throwbacks to history!)through a good hi-fi system and pay close attention to Getz's blowing that alto sax.  Sheer musical poetry. Mendes was pop bossa for me. Listen to Giberto Gil, or a latter-day Azymuth.

Listen to a rapariga from my home-town State, Astrud Gilberto, with her husband's composition that is today eponymous with the Rio surf featuring Jobim+Getz. I will not name that song as I'm sure you will guess it.

Talking about Stan Getz by coincidence last night on YT I saw him in company with Charlie Byrd jazzing 'Desafinado.'   Magic.

Jazz

You STAR!!!! Take a bow, Sir. If I could buy you a drink in a speakeasy(jazz club, smokey atmosphere........you get the picture),I'd gladly do so. Your trick worked!

Jazz, eh? Who you into? I too like jazz a lot.

Speakeasy! Haven't heard that word since seeing Stanley Clark and Micheal Franks in Philly in the eighty's. You have a fine choose  of great guitarist to get hooked on.

Reece 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Stanley Clarke, Michael Franks? Ah, yes, names that evoke memories. More into Stanley Clarke that Franks. That guy transformed the electric bass into an instrument that just did not sit in the background, totally unnoticed. He made it a tour-de-force instrument in modern jazz. I forgot to mention people like Art Blakey and his Jazz Messengers, Herbie Hancock, guitarist Herb Ellis. etc, etc.