Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

2.5 is Out

I figured ... someone would beat me to it.

Yes, should be available in your Purchase Downloads link for your account.

Time for me to go on vacation with Pete.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Guys, 

only full installer, no update 2.4. -> 2.5?

br

Michael

EDIT: didn't notice, this was already  mentioned earlier, thanks!

Rob,

You did lot of work for this release, keeping us all up to date with everything (including awesome videos)

Thanks

Hi Guys, 

only full installer, no update 2.4. -> 2.5?

br

Michael

Yes,  This was mentioned weeks ago at 2.5 notes prior to launch.  2.5 Will require Full Reinstall as it has different paths for some files.

I prefer clean install anyway

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I might find out how the v2.5 would do with the new 347.52 driver. Now, I can use the full RGB without a third party utility.

EDIT: I will be installing Prepar3D to my 2TB HDD (D:\) rather than my 250GB SSD (C:\) because I'm starting to get worried about the space (I'm planning to get FS Global 2010 and I might have problems with having too little free space).

Júnior Silva

Well deserved Rob,  great work 

Thanks to Rob for all the hard work on this.  And thanks to all of you who are going to be the pioneers.  I'll look forward to your reports.  My current plan - wait for some of the third party stuff to get compatible, order some computer parts, tweak the system and join all of you in a few weeks... or sooner, if caution fails....   B)

I just uninstalled every addon in Prepar3D, Prepar3D itself, every folder associated with it and used CCleaner to remove all of the registries that no longer exist to Prepar3D. Prepar3D to install v2.5 once the download is done (I'm at 80% @ 2.9MB/s).

Júnior Silva

Cheers, Rob.

You might want to check with Mrs. Pete first!

Big%20Grin.gif

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I might find out how the v2.5 would do with the new 347.52 driver. Now, I can use the full RGB without a third party utility.

EDIT: I will be installing Prepar3D to my 2TB HDD (D:\) rather than my 250GB SSD (C:\) because I'm starting to get worried about the space (I'm planning to get FS Global 2010 and I might have problems with having too little free space).

No need to worry about space for FSGlobal2010, you can install it to any hard drive and the installer will add the appropriate entry to your scenery.cfg for wherever it is installed.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Just realized that the F22 has been updated as well...nice!