Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

2.5 is Out

Prepar3D to install v2.5 once the download is done (I'm at 80% @ 2.9MB/s).

I'm surprised I got 17.7 MB/sec fastest I've ever had.

Allen

Does 2.5 fix the random bridge/pylon spikes that litter the landscape?

From EGFF to YSSY

I just uninstalled every addon in Prepar3D, Prepar3D itself, every folder associated with it and used CCleaner to remove all of the registries that no longer exist to Prepar3D. Prepar3D to install v2.5 once the download is done (I'm at 80% @ 2.9MB/s).

Good stuff- I'll be doing the same. To confirm, official advice from Adam @ LM:

Hello!

Please see http://prepar3d.com/news/2015/02/98935/ for detailed information.

It is recommended that you uninstall v2.4 before installing v2.5. Additionally, if you have any issues running v2.5 it is recommend that you clear all files found in the following folders:

• %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files

Note: Due to changes to the installation folder structure, Prepar3D v2.5 will not be released in an installer patch form. Please see the included Learning Center.chm for more information.

Many suggestions and comments written on this forum have directly influenced the development of v2.5. Thank you for your support and we look forward to reading your feedback on Prepar3D v2.5!

From what Rob has posted - YES

Rich Sennett

According the release notes it does address the bridge/pylon issues.

Btw, I'm getting 10mb/s on the download :)

And just some further advice from Adam Breed:

Hello!

Please see http://prepar3d.com/news/2015/02/98935/ for detailed information.

It is recommended that you uninstall v2.4 before installing v2.5. Additionally, if you have any issues running v2.5 it is recommend that you clear all files found in the following folders:

• %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files

Note: Due to changes to the installation folder structure, Prepar3D v2.5 will not be released in an installer patch form. Please see the included Learning Center.chm for more information.

Many suggestions and comments written on this forum have directly influenced the development of v2.5. Thank you for your support and we look forward to reading your feedback on Prepar3D v2.5!

Problem is that I already did that.

Júnior Silva

From what Rob has posted - YES

Thank god for that! Flew the T7 from KLAX yesterday for the first time and the landscape was just filled with them.

From EGFF to YSSY

No need to worry about space for FSGlobal2010, you can install it to any hard drive and the installer will add the appropriate entry to your scenery.cfg for wherever it is installed.

Thanks for the information, but I'm still installing to the D: Drive due to running out of space.

Júnior Silva

Problem is that I already did that.

See my edited post lol - I knew it would come off the wrong way...  :lol:

Think we need a stickied topic at the top of the forum listing which addons do and don't currently work with 2.5's new folder structure!

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

See my edited post lol - I knew it would come off the wrong way...  :lol:

Sorry about that. At the time I replied, the post was original.

Anyway, everything is downloaded, I extracted everything and now installation is complete.

Júnior Silva

Wow cool, it's 11pm here so I'll wait till all you guys are asleep before downloading, which is a job for tomorrow. Besides I live out in the back and beyond where Internet speeds remind me of dialup so no point in rushing. Question is, will I be able to sleep?