Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

2.5 is Out

It seem like i have a throttle problem with Aerosoft airbus and BBS  ( im using saitek)... its report on P3d forum to

I believe that someone said that the information has been moved to simobjects.cfg in the sim's subfolder under c:/programdata.

Thanks

I see a few of my "essentials" in the waiting for a fix list, but I'm completely cool with that. While I'm downloading now with expectations to install later this week, I'll probably end up caving in and starting the rebuild/reload process tomorrow instead of waiting until at least some of the addon developers kick out some updates.

It will be interesting to see how developers divide their time between FSX, FSX:SE, and P3D... considering SE and P3D are now moving targets in a sense...

I'll echo the other forum readers here as well - Rob, great job as the official unofficial liaison between us and Lockheed. Your patience and willingness to help bode well for any individual development efforts you may undertake down the road.

-Greg

can someone create a working list for p3d 2.5? i want to keep track,i know orbx doesnt work but i wonder about fs global mesh, airbus a318-321 a weather engine, maybe as 2012 until asn works.

What, the Microsoft that opened up the MS Flight Simulator to everyone via its SDK ?

How do you imagine we have all of these addons ? and P3D even.

+1. Everybody bashes the 900 pound gorilla. It will never end. The Microsoft way is often messy and frustrating, but it makes the world bigger. Sort of like proprietary open source. Thanks Microsoft...you gave us a great simulator and passed it on to a worthy successor...Lockheed Martin.

Any word on FSGlobal Mesh?

Yep - it's also fine. I actually never uninstall it; I just keep it in a separate folder on my hard drive and reload it into the scenery.cfg if I've done a P3D reinstall.

Also, to that effect - SceneryConfigEditor seems to work fine since the scenery.cfg is in the same spot. I did notice that LM has removed the Addon Scenery folder(s) so if you have any scenery packages that install to that directory, I will assume that you have to manuall add that to the scenery.cfg.

Yep - it's also fine. I actually never uninstall it; I just keep it in a separate folder on my hard drive and reload it into the scenery.cfg if I've done a P3D reinstall.

Also, to that effect - SceneryConfigEditor seems to work fine since the scenery.cfg is in the same spot. I did notice that LM has removed the Addon Scenery folder(s) so if you have any scenery packages that install to that directory, I will assume that you have to manuall add that to the scenery.cfg.

Thanks, that is good to know.  Do you know if a detailed list exists anywhere that details the file/directory structure changes for 2.5?

ugh...time for full re-install.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I did notice that LM has removed the Addon Scenery folder(s) so if you have any scenery packages that install to that directory, I will assume that you have to manuall add that to the scenery.cfg.

Oh no, I actually find Addon scenery folder really convenient to add those FSX addon, especially simple freeware airports etc. Hate to see this is gone. Could it be moved to a different location?

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Thanks, that is good to know.  Do you know if a detailed list exists anywhere that details the file/directory structure changes for 2.5?

I haven't seen one although I've been digging through the new structure and taking mental notes. Lots has been rejiggered.

Oh no, I actually find Addon scenery folder really convenient to add those FSX addon, especially simple freeware airports etc. Hate to see this is gone. Could it be moved to a different location?

You can still just manually create one and add it to the scenery.cfg.

I hate to edit cfg files. Nonetheless, can I still manually add scenery in Scenery Library window by clicking/adding scenery folders?

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

UTX2 doesn't seem to be working - the install works but the config program won't give me the green light even though I point at the new directory.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

UTX2 doesn't seem to be working - the install works but the config program won't give me the green light even though I point at the new directory.

Oh jeez...only the good lord knows if an update will ever manifest itself from those guys.

edit...pardon me, i thought you were speaking of UT2, nevermind.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

no simobjects line in the cfg.

SimObjects are now placed in SimObjects.cfg located here: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 ... they are no longer in the Prepar3d.cfg.

Entries as follows:

[Entry.0]
Path=SimObjects\Airplanes
[Entry.1]
Path=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
[Entry.2]
Path=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
[Entry.3]
Path=SimObjects\Boats
[Entry.4]
Path=SimObjects\Animals
[Entry.5]