Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

2.5 is Out

SimObjects are now placed in SimObjects.cfg located here: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 ... they are no longer in the Prepar3d.cfg.

Entries as follows:

[Entry.0]
Path=SimObjects\Airplanes
[Entry.1]
Path=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
[Entry.2]
Path=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
[Entry.3]
Path=SimObjects\Boats
[Entry.4]
Path=SimObjects\Animals
[Entry.5]
Path=SimObjects\Misc
[Entry.6]
Path=SimObjects\Submersible
[Entry.7]
Path=SimObjects\Weapons
[Entry.8]
Path=SimObjects\Countermeasures
[Entry.9]
Path=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

Cheers, Rob

I see you have UT2 listed. Would that be confirmation that it is working?

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I see you have UT2 listed. Would that be confirmation that it is working?

UT2 does work fine in P3D doesnt matter which version - have to go over my notes but takes a little bit more than just installing it

Rich Sennett

Definitely big thanks to LM ... to be honest it's rare to get developers interacting with end users.  I appreciate them listening and progressing the platform.

GTN750 is fine,

Mines not working.  I was able to install, yes, but the gauge won't work in P3D 2.5... says this version is not compatible.  Did you check the in game status or just the installer?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Mines not working.  I was able to install, yes, but the gauge won't work in P3D 2.5... says this version is not compatible.  Did you check the in game status or just the installer?

I have not installed anything other than pmdg777 so not sure but if Rob has it in his cfg file it must be working one would assume maybe he can chime in as its the only ai program that doesnt kill fps hope it still works

Rich Sennett

Installed and works like a charm.. no issues...

Just need to get the ORBX stuff sorted i guess when they make new installers?

The addon scenery folder.. well.. have no idea how to add/edit this to make a new one... sigh...

Doug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

So did some test flights around YVR, SEA and LAX. I have mytraffic and OPUS, both work with no issues. I've noticed with the same settings from 2.4 I'm getting a good 5-10% increase in FPS and seems smoother (less stutters) than 2.4. I'm very happy with this update, great job by Prepar3d and all the beta testers involved.

Would that be confirmation that it is working?

Yes ... here ya go ... Simrate increased

Cheers, Rob.

Awesome thanks!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I was able to install, yes, but the gauge won't work in P3D 2.5... says this version is not compatible.

Oops, sorry you are correct F1 GTN750 is a no go in V2.5, will have to wait for an update.  

Cheers, Rob.

active sky 2012 works in p3d 2.5, first install it asks for fsx, you cancel and reload and it asks you to point to p3d location and app data, i tested at several airports and depicts correct weather, snow ect...

UTX v2 USA does not seem compatible with Prepar3d v2.5, I get an invalid path problem when trying to run the install tool.

Scott

Yes ... here ya go ... Simrate increased

Rob,

could you please tell how you get ut2 working? I do have Ut2 working in 2.4 with lots of custom AI in Ut2 but I think I used the migrition tool?

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Definitely big thanks to LM ... to be honest it's rare to get developers interacting with end users.  I appreciate them listening and progressing the platform.

Thanks Rob - nice list for the beginning!

Patric

I've noticed with the same settings from 2.4 I'm getting a good 5-10% increase in FPS and seems smoother (less stutters) than 2.4.

I hope I will notice that too.

I am just downloading it... :wub:

I just uninstalled every addon in Prepar3D, Prepar3D itself, every folder associated with it and used CCleaner to remove all of the registries that no longer exist to Prepar3D. Prepar3D to install v2.5 once the download is done (I'm at 80% @ 2.9MB/s).

I just downloaded it as well....please let us know what you feel about this version after a few flights!

Ses