Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

2.5 is Out

Which one of the P3D license do your guys purchase?

Whichever one you feel appropriate.

Sorry, but this question may not be discussed at AVSIM.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Has anyone figured out how to use UK2000 Scenery with P3D v2.x?

Has anyone figured out how to use UK2000 Scenery with P3D v2.x?

I have all the UK2000 Extreme Airports working ok in 2.4, not installed 2.5 yet but it should be ok.

Boy ain't that the truth. We get a shiny new Nissan  pickup truck then complain because it won't haul 35 tonnes of coal... :Shocked:

[HumorOn]

Or it might be that people are tired that every time they want to haul anything, they need to go buy a new truck?

When the end of FS dev. was announced by MS and alternatives were being bantered about, wasn't the complaint about X-Plane was that it kept breaking compatibility with every release? And with every release of P3D we see problems from planes to scenery to utilities.

Wonder if Austin is doing consulting work for Lockheed? :lol:

[/HumorOff]

I'm still on v2.2 and will wait for a few days before I try to update things. The computer needs a good cleaning and after that I'll see how the dust has settled (pun intended).

12 minutes to the end of the download. It only took 6 and a half hours. It's the small price I pay for living in a village in the Italian Alps... (and it's well worth it) :smile:

Eagles may soar, but alley cats don't get sucked into jet engines.

12 minutes to the end of the download. It only took 6 and a half hours. It's the small price I pay for living in a village in the Italian Alps... (and it's well worth it) :smile:

Off topic - but boy would I love to pay that price myself! Whereabouts? I stayed in Courmayeur a few years back for the Tor des Geants and have been thinking about moving there ever since. 

Very impressed with 2.5; smooth as silk, aa much better.  Crisp textures!  Great work!  No need for HDR.  Looks great!

Simon

Man...slow downloads for my flight simming...or living in the Alps....man..I'd move...there are priorities,ya know?

(humor button turned: on).

Very impressed with 2.5; smooth as silk, aa much better.  Crisp textures!  Great work!  No need for HDR.  Looks great!

....add back all that was in your 2.4 and see if that stays the same.  I wish you luck, for sure!  I'm delaying a bit until all that is in my 2.4, can be loaded in with 2.5 loaders, for v2.5

Ses

Guest tymk

I'd hate to be a broken record here, but can anyone with a fresh 2.5 install try looking right at the sun with HDR on and clear skies? The "blinding sun" effect is killing me, and I can't tell if that's just my system or a general thing...

I'd really appreciate your help...

Tym

I have all the UK2000 Extreme Airports working ok in 2.4, not installed 2.5 yet but it should be ok.

All my purchases are Extreme Airports and just been to my account at UK2000 and all I see are Heathrow Xtreme v3 and Prestwick Xtreme which have the optional Prepar3D installers. Where did you get yours from?

Hi Bill,

I don't understand how is this not an appropriate question as we are talking about a release of P3D 2.5.  I am asking fellow computer game players and that is in a living room and enjoying a hobby which one they use so that I can buy the same...Just this simple. No marketing just a genuine question....just like for FSX (standard and professional editions). 

Thanks,

Regis

Whichever one you feel appropriate.

Sorry, but this question may not be discussed at AVSIM.

Regis Biassala 

I'd hate to be a broken record here, but can anyone with a fresh 2.5 install try looking right at the sun with HDR on and clear skies? The "blinding sun" effect is killing me, and I can't tell if that's just my system or a general thing...

I'd really appreciate your help...

Tym

Hi Tym,

i think the blinding sun is there on purpose. I have it to and i have to say i like it. 

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

I don't understand how is this not an appropriate question

In practice such discussions tend to deteriorate into arguments among lawyers and people pretending to be lawyers.  (Note - this isn't an official Avsim statement and I'm not an official Avsim person.  This is just my observation).

This page at the P3D website gives complete information about the licensing options.  

Hope this is helpful.