Sign in to follow this  
JaimeHorton

Driver Version 347.09 issues FSX DX10

Hello 

anyone else having issues with Driver Version 347.09 on my EVGA 980

i'm getting screen blackouts 

can anyone else confirm if these drivers are causing issues i've narrowed it down to these drivers, they stop responding 

i'm gonna try an older version 

Let me know 

Thanks 

JHo

I'm on Version 347.25 WHQL with EVGA GTX 980. No problems here with DX10.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

keep an eye out for screen blackouts with sound 

i have another thread on here regarding what im experiencing 

Thanks for the input 

JHo

i just updated to 347.52  looks like they were released today 

we shall see 

Perhaps you can give some details later about your experience with the newest driver Jaime.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

will do 

im gonna do a long flight later 

KJFK to KSLC 

and see if i get the blackout with the new drivers 

ill keep ya posted 

Thanks 

JHo

flew half of my flight from kjfk to klax last night with no black screens 

so far so good 

ill try and complete it today 

and see if it holds 

Thanks 

JHo

No dice 

Still Getting the screen Blackouts 

im at a loss 

i suppose i will try older drivers 

anyone have any other ideas 

Thanks 

JHo

I found that the most stable Geforce driver for my FSX is and was the 332.21WHQL. I am running it on a high tuned 4.9GHZ Win7 with an overclocked (Afterburner) Geforce MSI GTX 780TI Gaming with no issues. I tried other, newer dirvers and got problems with black screens and FSX CTDs. I know this issues are not alone related to the geforce driver but here with this system the old 332.21 is the best. Those of you who have GTX980 they need al least the 344.11 and the GTX960 minimum the 347.25. The modern drivers are very good with modern games like Assasin Creed Unity or Alien Isolation. There are real good features to enhance the optic of the game especially the DSR mode. As always our beloved FSX is a very outdated piece of software and I sometimes I wonder how some guys find workarounds to make it better and better but vendors of modern hardware do not really look after MSFSX or MSFS9 owners when they build their hardware and drivers - we have to find out what works best.

Regards Tom

The new drivers are optimized for the 970/980 cards and cause problems for other cards. There are a few threads on this issue. I have a 560ti and rolled back to the driver below and have no issues in DX10 or fsex-se

19/05/14

ZORAN

Thanks guys 

i rebuilt my CFG and tried a couple hour flight last night. however im always awaiting the black screen of death 

if i get another i will try drivers further back for my 980 

keep you all posted 

Thanks 

JHo

i am using 344.48  WHQL driver with a GeForce 760 PNY card. I have bufferpools=0, vsync checked in NI and fps limited to 30 inside FSX. My frames are rock steady with crystal clear textures. Of course, like everyone, they dip in scenery intensive settings, i.e. large, busy airports. But, most of my flying is with a DC3, a few single or twin bush aircraft, and once in a while something bigger.

Once I broke my habit of constant tweaking, everything was fine. Of course, just being on this forum might get me tweak hooked again...:-)

Sherm

Hello 

anyone else having issues with Driver Version 347.09 on my EVGA 980

i'm getting screen blackouts 

can anyone else confirm if these drivers are causing issues i've narrowed it down to these drivers, they stop responding 

i'm gonna try an older version 

Let me know 

Thanks 

JHo

One of the VERY overlooked reasons for BSOD, or video driver corruption/failure, when in a flight session with the 347.x series of drivers...is overheating of the card.  If you can, increase all your fan cage speeds by at least 50 percent.  Personally, before each flight, (with any sim platform) I raise my fan RPM speeds from the nominal 15 percent to 30 on the hard drive fans, and 50 percent feeding outside-of-case air that washes over the GTX680 2GB.  This has worked like a charm...and no further BSOD (I had them too!) when in any graphically intensive (heavy cloud, etx) scene rendering.  I think it is that these latest drivers are working the carbon...and you have to keep the heat from the uppers limits or scale-down levels....

As far as fan noise invading my flight session (and of course there is more fan volume...) I wear headphones...so, actually do not hear either the default, or the custom that I have set up on my system...so all is good for that taxi to active....

My 89 cents... :)

Ses