Sign in to follow this  
jc_150

Very confused.com

Hi all in the forum.

I have been following all the threads on the 777 and the P3D software, but there is a basic fundamental principle that I am missing. If P3D is not meant to be sold for the entertainment market in accordance with their website, what licence have all you guys bought to be able to fly the 777 on P3D. Are you all aviation students? or can you just buy any licence and the 777 and go fly. I did not buy P3D because of this, but got Steam instead, and still have the joystick disconnect issue that no one seams to be able to fix. I have it working on fsx ok by using FSUIPC, but having issues with that in Steam, which I may be able to sort out. So just asking which licence you bought to fly the 777 as I am far too old to be a student now but would like to give the 777 a try in P3D

Thanks in advance of any replies

John Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

From my understanding, no one is allowed to give advice on what license to get in the AVSIM forums. Its up to you to decide what license is suitable for you.

Moses Velasquez

It seems everyone puts the head in the sand on this issue and wont allow talk on it.

But im betting there a quite a few that will get bitten when the EULAs start getting enforced.

Not my drama, i dont have it for that reason.

If you're in doubt about what license is suitable for you, you can contact Lockheed Martin through the P3D forums or website.

John,

Taking a stab in the dark with no real facts, but i would guess a large ammount of people who use P3D use it outside the EULA. Therefore all the addons the use are also outside the respective EULAs.

But the thing is, everyone is throwing a blind eye and refuses to accept the fact people are using P3D in an illegal manner (it is happening, everyone knows it)

Good on you for following the rules set out and not purchasing a product that may land you in legal trouble considering your circumstances.

As with everything in life, if you feel it will end in problems or dramas, legal or otherwise, give it a miss.

Gents,

AVSIM has asked us not to engage in, or allow discussions of the P3D license options. Their options are on their website, here: http://prepar3d.com/product-overview/prepar3d-license-comparison/

You must evaluate your own applicability (which may include not applicable at all) and choose the appropriate action. Neither PMDG nor AVSIM can offer guidance in this matter as licenses are legal contracts and only lawyers can offer legal advice. The legal information (can be provided by anyone) is at the link above.

Kyle Rodgers