My system is:

ASUS Z87K MOBO

i7 4790K at 4 GHz

16 Gb DDR3 at 2667 Hz RAM

Crucial 240Gb SSD

Radeon R9 295 x2 graphics card 8Gb

3 x BenQ projectors 1280x800

225 Deg cylindrical screen at 225cm radius and 2m high

I am running FSX on this computer with my three projectors combined as one using AMD's Eyefinity.

I am also using Immersive Calibration Pro and Immersive Display Pro to warp the projected images into the proper 225 Deg projection on the screen. Immersive Calibration Pro produces the required FSX/P3D settings of the views (cameras) needed to produce the 225 Deg curved view and that is a great feature.

I am OK with the image I am getting (3 x 1280x800), which is not so impressive at 2.25m away (you can actually see the pixels (5mmx5mm each), BUT my problem is the FPS i am getting in FSX and P3D, a mere 12 fps which is truly unacceptable! My scenery settings are all medium levels. When I close one of the three views my fps goes up to 24-25 fps and when I close the 2nd view I get 33-36 fps with one view open. I am not sure 33 fps is acceptable especially when everyone out there talks about running 40+ fps and some say they get 100+ fps! And I am using the stock Cessna 182 on the tarmac at London City, Cold & Dark at summer at 11am clear skies!

My computer setup is powerful but I think running three views in FSX is just too much for the game regardless of the power of your CPU, memory, and graphics card! This does not make sense to me as I thought (and still think) that system power (CPU and GPU) are everything when it comes to running FSX/P3D or any other software! Mind you, at the 12-13 fps I am getting %16-%30 on my CPU (core 0 mainly) and almost the same on my GPU!

So, the CPU and GPU are not running anywhere near their full capacity and the software is stuck at such low fps! I cannot figure or understand this, I am not a computer wizard but I know enough to get by, or that is what I thought!

I would like to try to run three computers each running FSX with Wideview, each producing one view on one projector and I need to know how to do that and how to warp the projected images to produce one continuous warped view. I am not sure (actually almost certain) that Immersive Calibration Pro and Immersive Display Pro handle multiple projectors on multiple graphic cards (or computers).

Does anyone know of any software that can warp three projectors each running on a separate computer? Or are there any ideas how to make my setup better, not tweaking the software settings (i have several suggestions to try out yet).
I appreciate all help.

Ammar

It seems the software I already have (Immersive) does this. I need to know how!

Anyone has a guide on doing this? I am in touch with Immersive's support. I hope they can help me out.

First of all.. 30 fps is pretty good in FSX, sitting at an airport, so forget 100 fps  <_<

As you add views, you should indeed expect your fps to go down.. how much, I do not know.

What happens when you are airborne?  Can you get 20+ fps away from  major airports?

(London City is right next to several other airports, and a big metropolis..)

Lastly, FSX runs its main load on one core, so you can also forget about getting more out of your CPU cores,

except for when you are loading or refreshing scenery, which gets the other cores involved..

Bert

Ammar, you use 3 seperate views instead of one wide view.

Therefore you will loose about 30-40% for each extra view...

With NVSurround you will only have one wide frontview but way better fps.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Since I have AMD Radeon I am actually using Eyefinity to combine the three projectors (displays) into one wide display. On this display I have to project three views to achieve 225 deg view. I also use warping software to correct the projected views to a 225 deg cylindrical screen.

Even if I use TH2G it is the same as Eyefinity, I still need three views to cover the 225 Deg.

I think one view only stretches to 135 degrees as I have read! Am I wrong?

How can I do a 225 or even a 180 deg view with one wide view?

I would really appreciate a guide on doing this, can you point one out for me?

Thanks.

If you want more FPS you'll need to use separate computers, it is too taxing on one system. 

Otherwise, how about trying 2 windows split up with your 3 projects and edge blended? 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I was thinking of two or three computers. I do not know how to set this up, I am fairly new at all this.

What do u mean by the 2-window split up approach?

I am using Immersive Calibration and Display Pro warping and edge blending software for my current 3-views setup.

Can u pls elaborate on both options (or guide me to literature that explains these)

I am sure many like me will benefit from the combined experience and knowledge of all u guys.

Thx

I have looked at this software (excel sheet) a while back.

It is not usable with warping/edge blending software.

It does not tell me how to physically connect projectors and what views to assign each projector or how to run multiple instances of FSX and connect them together!

It does not tell me how to project two windows (views) on three projectors and how to make them appear warped and corrected for cylindrical projection especially when the projectors are not projecting from eye-level and not at 90 deg from the screen surface (perpendicular projection)!

I wish you could guide me to a more detailed explanation of what to do (in both or either option) and how to do it.

Windowmaker is a good tool for any number of monitor settings, not for cylindrical or dome screens that need warping and edge blending, at least that was my understanding and I could be very wrong!

Thank you.

Sorry, but I don't have a dual, or even triple projector software. I do use a BenQ w1080st

Take a look at this thread -- http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28911

Perhaps they can help you with your setup? Some of the forum posters there have a w1080st dual setup with Fly-Elise software. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering