Sign in to follow this  
ModelTrainGuy

PMDG 777 in Prepar3D 2.5

Look on the P3D forums, there are plenty of tips on there on how to prevent OOMs. The main ones include using 1024 textures, limiting autogen and shadows etc.

This brings a little something. Unfortunately Prepar3D is currently not flyable for me.

This brings a little something. Unfortunately P3D is currently not flyable for me.

That's why I'm not quite ready to make that jump...I'm worried it'll run terribly for me.

This brings a little something. Unfortunately P3D is currently not flyable for me.

Dan advised you last night that full names are required in this forum. It's a forum rule, and posts get deleted when that rule is ignored. Please make the appropriate adjustment. If the forum won't let you set a signature, then you'll just have to type it into the bottom of each post.

Kyle Rodgers

That's why I'm not quite ready to make that jump...I'm worried it'll run terribly for me.

Take a flight from A to B.

If the airport is too large, then the danger is you get an Out Of Memory.

Taking the textures only in a resolution of 1024 pixels, but then you can also get lucky. Of course I use addon airports.

The Flight Simulator X is currently running better with me almost without Out Of Memory.

Lots of misinformation here.  Prepar3D v2.5 works great.... if it's better than FSX depends on your metric (or opinion).

I've flown several flights with 4096 textures into FSDT KLAX with no VAS problem.  In fact, only problem I have is I'm waiting for HiFi and Orbx to catch up and then I'm fully committed to P3D.

Dan Downs KCRP

Fsdreamteam airports are perhaps exceptions. The fact is that my Flight Simulator X runs better in DirectX10 Mode.

Lots of misinformation here. Prepar3D v2.5 works great.... if it's better than FSX depends on your metric (or opinion).

I've flown several flights with 4096 textures into FSDT KLAX with no VAS problem. In fact, only problem I have is I'm waiting for HiFi and Orbx to catch up and then I'm fully committed to P3D.

+1 ....v2.5 works great for me too! They made lots of great improvements

Lots of misinformation here. Prepar3D v2.5 works great.... if it's better than FSX depends on your metric (or opinion).

I've flown several flights with 4096 textures into FSDT KLAX with no VAS problem. In fact, only problem I have is I'm waiting for HiFi and Orbx to catch up and then I'm fully committed to P3D.

P3D v2.5 definitely works great. The key problem is that with the new release of PMDG products for the P3D platform, new users jump on board and don't have a clue how to set proper settings. Then they come to the forums and complain. I've been using Prepar3d v2 right from the start and I can tell you that apart from the fact that a 32 bit platform has restrictions, it's neither a problem of Prepar3d nor PMDG. The 777 works like a charm in Prepar3d and I can do flights from one add-on airport to the other without problems. However, I run P3D with reasonable settings. Not everything at max settings. With these reasonable settings, Prepar3d still looks way better than FSX in every regard.

Fsdreamteam airports are perhaps exceptions. The fact is that my Flight Simulator X runs better in DirectX10 Mode.

Why don't you stay with FSX then?

Carlo Kraemer

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

P3D v2.5 definitely works great. The key problem is that with the new release of PMDG products for the P3D platform, new users jump on board and don't have a clue how to set proper settings. Then they come to the forums and complain.

Carlo Kraemer

Just because you don't get OOMs in P3D, doesn't mean that you're doing everything right and other people who do are just sloppy and setting everything at max. I don't get OOMs in FSX, neither does this person. So does that mean every single person who gets an OOM in FSX haven't set it up properly and come here to complain about it? No of course it doesn't. It's unpredictable. Some people get them some people don't across both platforms. It's doesn't mean you've done anything right and then wrong. Just means you got lucky and they didn't. It's a lottery.

There are alot of variables involved in hardware that makes P3D and FSX work for some but not others. But there is really no need to vent here guys. We're all here to help eachother that's why it's called support forums so there is really no need to bash on "the other" product because it doesn't work on your computer.

There's absolutely no reason to argue about what simulator is better. Please stop.

If it works for you:

clap.gif

If a different simulator works better for you:

9920299.gif

Kyle Rodgers

Look on the P3D forums, there are plenty of tips on there on how to prevent OOMs. The main ones include using 1024 textures, limiting autogen and shadows etc.

What?! P3D 2.5 still has OOMs?! I thought it had been left together with FSX...

And what about that swinging/drifting vision issue when looking through the virtual cockpit "camera view"? It's such a bad thing in FSX, does it still occur in P3D 2.5?

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Did the problem solved so well, as I have set all the textures to 1024 pixels included REX 4 Texture Direct.

Just means you got lucky and they didn't. It's a lottery.

No there is no luck in it, you run out of memory and there is always a reason for it.

As for it running "better" in fsx or P3d, well that depends what you judge "better" by? Raw fps? Then fsx wins by a mile for me, but and its a big "but", if you have a pc that can run the 777 with fps locked at 30 within p3d then p3d wins by miles.

If you can run it just at 30 fps lock in fsx then p3d might not be a good idea.

Raw fps with clear sky's and set to match fsx as close as possible for me, fsx with the 777 = 80 fps, p3d = 42, so around 50% fps like for like. Have I seen OOM's in both, you bet, why? because the 777 pushers VAS high for an aircraft and so do lots of other factors so with that you have to make both sims work within the bounds of the 777 high VAS.it users more VAS than any other aircraft.

The best sim is the one that's works better for you and you alone.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip