Sign in to follow this  

PMDG 777 and GoFlight Interface Tool conflict

FYI, there appears to be a problem between Steve's GoFlight Interface Tool and the PMDG entries in the DLL.XML ... this has not been confirmed by Steve yet, but a quick solution (if you want to use GIT with other aircraft) is to disable the PMDG entry in the DLL.XML when using other aircraft and GIT.  Obviously you will need to re-enable the entry when you want use PMDG 777.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG Interface</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob. Whilst on the subject of GIT, I guess you have had to put the Q400 config on hold until they release their next edition right?

Darren Morris

Yeah, I'm patiently waiting to toss some money at Majestic for the next versions (Pro or Training) of the Q400 before I do a GoFlight profiles for them.  I really enjoy the Q400 but don't fly it as much as I'd like as I've spoiled myself with getting my GF gear working with other aircraft ... there's just something I really like about not reaching for that mouse.

From my perspective the Q400 Pro/Training editions are probably the most "anticipated" product release I'm interested in for 2015.

Cheers, Rob.

Yeah I'm hoping they get those versions out the door in the not too distant future... it's a great sim.

there's just something I really like about not reaching for that mouse

couldn't agree more - I'm doing some development with Leap Motion SDK (hand tracking) and making some good early progress to try and completely eliminate the mouse in the virtual cockpit.. it's pretty impressive hardware albeit with some limitations, but they've done a great job on the SDK.

Darren Morris