Sign in to follow this  
KZ1R

Xtreme Prototypes X-15A-2 Special Edition

Greetings to all,

recently I have bought this model from Xtreme Prototypes and started to delve into this wonderful rocket plane simulation.

The craft flies well in P3D. Depending on the ballistic trajectory, one can expect the flight range to be in excess of 300 nautical miles while the top of climb altitude reaching 300-400 thousand feet. Despite the in-sim limitations (like maximum Mach number is about 4.7, no proper rocket engine simulation within the sim) the craft is very much fun to fly.

Opus weather engine has recently added stratosphere weather simulation to their add-on which helps get the stratosphere flying more fun.

If any of you are interested in discussing the craft, flying techniques and etc here, please welcome with your posts.

Best regards,

Mike

Greetings to all,

recently I have bought this model from Xtreme Prototypes and started to delve into this wonderful rocket plane simulation.

The craft flies well in P3D. Depending on the ballistic trajectory, one can expect the flight range to be in excess of 300 nautical miles while the top of climb altitude reaching 300-400 thousand feet. Despite the in-sim limitations (like maximum Mach number is about 4.7, no proper rocket engine simulation within the sim) the craft is very much fun to fly.

Opus weather engine has recently added stratosphere weather simulation to their add-on which helps get the stratosphere flying more fun.

If any of you are interested in discussing the craft, flying techniques and etc here, please welcome with your posts.

Can you give me some overview of the systems and flight model of the plane? I am not sure if I should buy the addon as I was never satisfied with the "military" (high perforormance) planes in FSX or Prepar (I have canberra and new milviz F4). Flight models are not my cup of tea...so I would like to get as much informations as possible...

What's your name, please?

Not sure what you mean under "systems and flight model overview".

The rocket plane has most of the systems modeled. I guess they are too many to be listed. I have personally seen the plane fly on the ballistic trajectory with the max altitude of over 400 thousand feet and reach speeds over Mach 4. With the proper piloting technique I can pilot X-15-S2 up to 400 NM from the launch point (provided it's a carrier launch from FL450 at Mach 0.83) and land. I have tested it on the UAAA - UAKK test route.

Learning to pilot X-15 is a tricky business. You must really delve into the manual and get the sense how it operates, what steps to follow and so on. But it's much fun!

Search for some in-sim videos on Youtube for X-15-S2 and you will get a feel of what you may be dealing with. 

Best regards,

Mike