Sign in to follow this  
patrico

A few quick questions

I am hoping to avail  of the extensive knowledge base on here to answer a  few questions for me.

1. A while back in one of its updates PMDG  I think,   introduced a fuel & payload shudder simulation when you were loading them on the T7. Somehow my   operations centre got loaded yesterday and I  deleted some notifications in error without paying too much attention to what I was doing. I think I may have  deleted something important as when I loaded my T7  the shudder had disappeared.
  2. Is the dome light switch the only switch the only switch that controls cockpit lighting.
  3. On the NGX if you clicked any of the landing lights with the middle button of your mouse, it turned them all on/off. I cannot do this with my T7  despite the manual saying I can, what  am I doing wrong ?

A while back in one of its updates PMDG  I think,   introduced a fuel & payload shudder simulation when you were loading them on the T7. Somehow my   operations centre got loaded yesterday and I  deleted some notifications in error without paying too much attention to what I was doing. I think I may have  deleted something important as when I loaded my T7  the shudder had disappeared.

Shudder? Not sure what you're referring to.

In any case, if you close and open the OC, the notifications will be there.

Is the dome light switch the only switch the only switch that controls cockpit lighting.

No. There are a quite a few switches for this. Looks all around the flight deck and you'll find quite a few knobs for flood lighting. There are a couple next to the MASTER BRIGHTNESS knob (just above the landing light switches). There are more on the pedestal, and by each PFD (to the left of the captain seat). The storm light will turn many of the lights to maximum brightness.

Just mess around with the lights on the ground when waiting next time.

On the NGX if you clicked any of the landing lights with the middle button of your mouse, it turned them all on/off. I cannot do this with my T7  despite the manual saying I can, what  am I doing wrong ?

There is no "bar" on the 777 lights like the NGX has. You must "middle" click the lights, which is done by pressing the mousewheel in. Either your mousewheel doesn't work, isn't configured properly, or you don't have one.

Kyle Rodgers

I am hoping to avail of the extensive knowledge base on here to answer a few questions for me.

• A while back in one of its updates PMDG I think, introduced a fuel & payload shudder simulation when you were loading them on the T7. Somehow my operations centre got loaded yesterday and I deleted some notifications in error without paying too much attention to what I was doing. I think I may have deleted something important as when I loaded my T7 the shudder had disappeared.
  • Is the dome light switch the only switch the only switch that controls cockpit lighting.
  • On the NGX if you clicked any of the landing lights with the middle button of your mouse, it turned them all on/off. I cannot do this with my T7 despite the manual saying I can, what am I doing wrong ?
Hi Patrick

Re your last point. Do you have EZCA (Ezdok) installed? If so, that assigns the middle mouse button by default and so prevents the 'all lights together' functionality in the 777. The NGX has a gang bar which doesn't need the middle mouse button to operate.

You can disable middle mouse use in the EZCA studio but then you lose the mouse look function it controls.

ki9cAAb.jpg

The Kingsington trackball I use has four buttons.... LOL no middle button.  Decided to assign middle button event to left+right button event, but I did have a Sheldon Cooper moment before I could decide on my solution.

Dan Downs KCRP

There is no "bar" on the 777 lights like the NGX has. You must "middle" click the lights, which is done by pressing the mousewheel in. Either your mousewheel doesn't work, isn't configured properly, or you don't have one.
I have found that using EZDOK disables this feature, since the middle mouse button is used for looking around instead.

Hi Guys and thanks to you all (y'all) for your input, yes I am using EZDOK  and that could be the problem. Kevin the only way I know to disable it, is by making sure the mouse button in the studio view is not light up...................is this correct?

Kyle, it  simulates loading extra weight on-board. I first saw it in a Froogle video, am I going mad, surely their has to be someone out there who has experienced  this ?

A question I forgot to ask last time...........is there a GSX Forum on here.

Kevin the only way I know to disable it, is by making sure the mouse button in the studio view is not light up...................is this correct?

Hi Patrick, I can't check as I don't have ezdok installed any more. As I recall it's on the options page which you acces from the studio view. There's a check box called something like "enable middle mouse button".

ki9cAAb.jpg

anyone  know why my Spoilers/speed brake is  on fully /extended position all  the time? can I fix this without having to come  out of tbe sim 

Hi,

Which control (joystick axis, button...) do you use for your spoilers and how is it configured (through FSUIPC or fsx)?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

thank you Romain but in the end I did have to come out of the sim and reboot, but it worked.

FYI I  have a Saitek Pro Yoke configured trough FSUIPC

thank you Romain but in the end I did have to come out of the sim and reboot, but it worked.

Good. If it happens again, let us know.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.