Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Odgers

P3D 777-300ER Functionality

Hi Guys

Just a quick question I already have PMDG 777 base pack and 300ER for FSX. Looking at potentially the P3D platform but am concerned does everything work in both the base pack and 300ER versions of P3D. I thought I read somewhere here the Taxi Cam on the 300ER for P3D is INOP and does not work just as an example. Also does it fly the same?

Thanks

Duncan Odgers

I thought I read somewhere here the Taxi Cam on the 300ER for P3D is INOP and does not work just as an example.

This was disabled due to how things work in P3D.

Also does it fly the same?

Yes. Why wouldn't it?

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle for your quick reply. Will the taxi cam be fixed in P3D in a future update?

Also the only reason I ask about flight dynamics is because Prepar3d make a big thing about letting the developer create custom models it seems to imply there are less restrictions than FSX because of the powerful PDK which is all new in V2.

Thanks

Duncan

Will the taxi cam be fixed in P3D in a future update?

Depends on if Prepar3D gets the necessary updates to allow it to work.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, just curious as I don't own P3D, should/when Lockheed put the updates in, would it be the same 2D only screen, or would it be integrated into the 3D MFD's? OK OK, I know what you gonna say... "Depends on..." and/or "Its top secret " :ph34r: lol

Alaister Kay

Kyle, just curious as I don't own P3D, should/when Lockheed put the updates in, would it be the same 2D only screen, or would it be integrated into the 3D MFD's? OK OK, I know what you gonna say... "Depends on..." and/or "Its top secret " :ph34r: lol

It really does depend on how LM incorporate this functionality into the sim. PMDG will work with what they've got. If they can manage the 3D MFDs then you can bet they'll do it.