Sign in to follow this  
DonOscar

Operations Center - cofused about new update 777 SP1d

I keep on getting a message in my OC asking me to update my PMDG 777's with the new SE editions, but as was stated here by PMDG there is no need if you don t have FSX:SE

so i tend to ignore it and tell oc to do the same, but each time i launch oc, messages appear again..  so, nothing really serious, but just a little thing to think about for developers

on the other side, i read on FS2Crew website that a new update of RAAS is incuded in SP1d... true? then it would actually make sense to update to SP1d? a bit confused ....

Same boat as you were decided to download the installs  again, deleted my 200 and 300  and re installed with the new download install, ran the oc  again it re installed the liveries again no issues in that ran fs2crew  again since I disabled  the voice before I deleted  the 200/300.  ran oc  and came with no notifications so all back to normal again.

As previous posts have suggested no need to update if you havnt  got fsx se, but I got sick of getting  the notifications all the time  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Prettty common complaint.  Only logical choices are to download and installl the update if the notifications bother you or ignore the notifications.  At least the update is free LOL.

Dan Downs KCRP

thanks guys i actually came to that conclusion myself.. :)

the real question is what about the RAAS update? is there some update in the 1d as mentioned at FS2Crew:

RAAS FOR THE PMDG 777 (LOCKED VERSION - ONLY WORKS WITH THE 'PMDG 777')

Current version : 1.6.5.2

Reminds me of this.....

A low level supervising program woke up a slightly higher level supervising program deep in the ship's semi-somnolent cyberbrain and reported to it that whenever it went click all it got was a hum.

The higher level supervising program asked it what it was supposed to get, and the low level supervising program said that it couldn't remember exactly, but thought it was probably more of a sort of distant satisfied sigh, wasn't it? It didn't know what this hum was. Click, hum, click, hum. That was all it was getting.

The higher level supervising program considered this and didn't like it. It asked the low level supervising program what exactly it was supervising and the low level supervising program said it couldn't remember that either, just that it was something that was meant to go click, sigh every ten years or so, which usually happened without fail. It had tried to consult its error look-up table but couldn't find it, which was why it had alerted the higher level supervising program to the problem.

It couldn't find the look-up table.

Odd.

It looked again. All It got was an error message. It tried to look up the error message in its error message look-up table and couldn't find that either. It allowed a couple of nanoseconds to go by while it went through all this again. Then it woke up its sector function supervisor.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

wow, anyone else? did I miss sth? Is there a contest on AVSIM forums on how to make someone look dumb for asking a question?

still don t know if there is an update or not on SP1d though (see my previous post.. FS2Crew claims there is)

SP1D is only for Steam Edition of FSX, If you don't have Steam Edition, then ignore the update.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

SP1D is only for Steam Edition of FSX, If you don't have Steam Edition, then ignore the update.

what about what is mentioned at FS2Crew: (click on the link please)

this is the question

The only changes to RAAS were made to accomodate FSXSE... when we first started beta test the RAAS wouldn't work.  Within a couple of days the RAAS module was working.  Simple as that, you don't need the update for FSX.

Oscar, I think I've answered this exact question at least four times and you still asked the question.... perhaps you are having a problem that you need help with?  Be glad to help out.

Dan Downs KCRP