Sign in to follow this  
rene_1st

Working in P3D 2.5?

Hi,

Before I update to P3D ver. 2.5....

Does PrecipitFX work in 2.5?

I have both the PrecipitFX and the 777 Immersion package.

Thank you,

Rene

Hi,

Before I update to P3D ver. 2.5....

Does PrecipitFX work in 2.5?

I have both the PrecipitFX and the 777 Immersion package.

Thank you,

Rene

Hi Rene,

PrecipitFX works in 2.5, we are working on unlocking wheels effects etc. but rain/snow textures, vortices and contrails should be working.

777 Immersion is not yet supported in P3D

Thanks!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

So i installed it the wrong way? Snow is Ugly as Default snow. Not nice like in 2.4....

So what did i wrong?

Does anyone know what specific file(s) had been updated in Prepar3d 2.5 to actually make the PrecipitFX effects work? What was broken in 2.4 that does not allow the rendering of the additional effects.

Hi Rene,

PrecipitFX works in 2.5, we are working on unlocking wheels effects etc. but rain/snow textures, vortices and contrails should be working.

Thanks!

Hi Keven -

Do you know what changed in 2.5 to make the wheel effects work ? Was it a change in the rendering engine or another effects file that made it work. I never understood why some of the effects like contrails and wingtip vortecies rendered and the others did not.

Thanks !

Hi Rene,

Thanks!

Hi Keven -

Do you know what changed in 2.5 to make the wheel effects work ? Was it a change in the rendering engine or another effects file that made it work. I never understood why some of the effects like contrails and wingtip vortecies rendered and the others did not.

Thanks !

Hi, I have finally got the snow and rain to work in P3D ver 2.5 however the spray and wheel effects some people are claiming to get elude me. They are not present on my system. What have you people who have them working done. Please explain

Thanks Nelson

Hi there, I would like to know this as well as I cannot see the effects working in 2.5 having installed PrecipitFX into it. Someone on the P3D forums mentioned adding some lines to aircraft.cfgs but they were taken from an FSX installation (which I don't have - just P3D).

Keen to get it working in P3D 2.5 as it look awesome in 2.5.

James

James, what I had to do was uninstall precipitfx and then reinstall to p3d ver 2.5. The snow and rain now work. I am not sure about the wheel effects although they say they work. I don't know if you have Fly Tampa Toronto scenery but there was a problem of people reporting that they could not see the blowing snow effect even thought they had the item checked. Turns out in order to see it you have to have the scenery density setting to at least Normal. I had mine on sparse. Theses things are not written down any where. Try the reinstall it worked for me

Cheers

Nelson

Hi Nelson,

Thanks for that - I did actually uninstall everything relating to P3D before installing 2.5 and then installed PrecpitiFX back in fresh too - I will perhaps try again. My settings are in the right area for it to work. Perhaps the developers could advise if we should wait for an updated installer or manually change any .cfg's?

Thanks

James I used the original installer. The point is you have to uninstall preciptfx then install it again. This is after you have installed p3d ver 2,5, just not reinstall precip

Nelson

This program is NOT working in P3D 2.5 unless there is other magic involved. I just uninstalled it, then re-installed and I still have the nasty default snow.

Well Robert that is what I did. It is a very difficult program to get running. There is no magic as you say. It's just luck of the draw. When I mean un install I don't mean through the add or remore programs in the CP. From the interface of preciptx clikck on the un install button. Then do a re install and then scan for new aircraft. That should do it. Hope this helps

Nelson

You are the man Nelson! I think using the PrecipFX program to uninstall and reinstall just did the trick. I need to confirm a little later, but snow looks much better now.

Thank you so much for your help!

Keven,

Just bought precipitFX and have installed into P3D v2.5 with HOTFIX and with ORBX patch to suit v2.5.

Snow and rain textures AMAZING - thanks !!

Looking forward to full compatibility in due course.

I think it very important to SUPPORT you guys and give you all the encouragement we can so THANKS AGAIN.

BG2518-Bob.