Sign in to follow this  
RickSinGA

Links etc missing at top of AVSIM Forums web page?

I seem to have lost all of the links/shortcuts that use to appear under the AVSIM banner like: Forums; view new content etc?  If I click on the AVSIM banner they pop up  for a nano second then disappear again?

I have searched, looking for a way to turn them back on to no avail.

Have I done something inadvertently?

Thanks

Rick S.

What browser are you using? Are you using a desktop system, cell phone, laptop, or tablet? Everything is working okay here. Sometimes hitting the F5 (refresh) key helps. Let me know if it continues.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Using Mozilla Firefox 35.0.1 on my desktop pc Jim.  Same system I have used for a long time. I first noticed this yesterday and figured it was a AVSIM thing and it would get sorted after complaints were filed.  This morning I realized no one else was talking about it so this might just be a "me" problem and posted.

Right under the AVSIM banner was where all of the links etc were and now there is a thin blue banner under it with "MENU" on the left side and three horizontal bars on the right that when selected shows me a drop-down listing of the old icon/links one item listed per line?

If I click on the banner and wait a few seconds the old links pop up then disappear quickly.

Thanks

Rick S.

Thanks Rick. I use the same browser and same version. I cannot find a problem but your Forum tab was white and did not show the drop downs. If you click on the back button on your browser, that will remove that problem. Think that's by design as mine will show sub-items then it will turn white until I hit the back button. When I was in your account I could not replicate the issue where you click on the banner and wait a few seconds and the old links pop up then disappear quickly. You might try signing out and then signing back in again. It might be your browser cache acting up too.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have logged out and rebooted my system, reloaded into AVSIM and as the AVSIM site came up on my screen the normal items appeared briefly then quickly disappeared again as described earlier?  hmmmmmmmm?

I don't normally run anything but FSX on my FSX machine but decided I would give it a try. So, I brought up my FSX machine with the same browser etc and everything looks the way I was expecting?  hmmmmmmmmmm?

Ideas?  If the answer is to clear cache; will that loose all of my links and auto loggon's etc?

Thanks

Rick S.

Try zooming out* just a bit. Using Firefox I note that if I zoom in too close, all of the menu options disappear completely.

* Ctrl-MouseWheelDown

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Wow, that was it.

Thanks

Rick S.

Glad that my suggestion worked. It's amazing how various browsers behave when changing zoom levels.

Occasionally, I'm unable to scroll up or down in the browser. Changing the zoom up or down one "notch" will restore my mouse wheel's operation.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yep, I was aware of the Zoom wheel but just didn't give it a thought with the problem described!

Thanks again

Rick S.

Sometimes hitting the F5 (refresh) key helps

Of course i knew that already  :blush:      Learning things everyday so i am.