Sign in to follow this  
cropduster

DX-10 Fixer with Good Computer

I feel I have a very good computer system running FSX right now, I74790K, 8GB Ram, GTX970.  I am not sure I want to switch to P3D yet due to the amount of add ons I have installed with FSX, especially with PMDG and that switching to P3D requires all new full purchases.

Is the DX-10 to help slower performance computers or is it made to enhance visual effect features in FSX.  Sorry if this is a basic questions, not to computer savvy.

Well it  certainly runs better than under DX9 thats for sure.

You will find it smoother, using less VAS and your cockpits will have shadows which brings them alive, your water will  also be nicer with directional waves dependent on wind dir.

It is what MS would have eventually delivered if ACES had been given the time to finish the job properly.

Thankfully Steve finished it for us.

Hi cropduster, there is a topic (about 7 or 8 below this one) " How-to -go-dx10". On the last page there is a link to this guide, which will help you through the process before you decide to purchase.

Bob

I've been flying DX10 for about 6 months now. For now, I have cancelled my plans for P3D. The difference between FSX DX9 and DX10 are similar to the differences between FX9 and FXS. 

There is a good DX10 forum here and lots of info available on the net. With a rig like yours, you will be very happy with DX10. Go for it.