Sign in to follow this  
Brad27

Exterior Lights and Beefing them up? (FSX - 777LR & ER)

I wonder if anyone else wishes that the lights on the wings and the anti collision light beacon where abit more beefy as are the lights on the Airbus X aircraft for example...

Be interested if anyone has know how if its possible to make these bigger than they are...

Brad - P3Dv4.5

AIG Moderator | Afcad Editor | FAIB Beta | FSPX Beta

I wonder if anyone else wishes that the lights on the wings and the anti collision light beacon where abit more beefy as are the lights on the Airbus X aircraft for example...

Be interested if anyone has know how if its possible to make these bigger than they are...

Brad - P3Dv4.5

The actual lamps on the aircraft are not very large... seems like an unusual request.  A request for a brighter/dimmer light would make sense but size??  Oh, maybe you're referring how many addons add flare or lense bloom to lighting for effect.  I've never seen lights do that in reality, except in a cloud maybe. Also, the lights on the T7 wings are much different than normal FSX lighting. The designers had to come up with a solution that worked with wing flex, something that FSX lighting won't do.

Dan Downs KCRP

Referring to the glow of the light, currently their really really small and i would just like to have lights that flash and glow alittle brighter if you catch my drift, an ideal example is the latest version of the AS Airbus Extended models A318-A321 which have really nice lights that are quite beefy

Brad - P3Dv4.5

Spend more time in the cockpit LOL.  I've got a lot of night time in the logbook.... you can see aircraft from very far away at altitude because the air is dry and clear.  There's no 'glow' or halo, just a pin point of light... usually at distance all you see is the beacon/strobe anyway.

Dan Downs KCRP

Its just good for the occasional exterior view or when im on the ground in traffic, big flashing lights do look rather nice than tiny little glowing dots.

But anyway never mind

Brad - P3Dv4.5

Op I hope you get a real answer. Perhaps FSX light intensity is something you can Google? we can change the color of lights inside the cockpit to any color we choose.

A request like this doesn't seem unreasonable. If intensifying lights isn't realistic them I'm sure having blue and pink cockpit lights isn't either. "Spend more time in the cockpit" isn't really an answer nor helpful.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Its just good for the occasional exterior view or when im on the ground in traffic, big flashing lights do look rather nice than tiny little glowing dots.

But anyway never mind

FSFXPackages is working on new lighting effects - see here

http://fsfx.oldprop.com/en/blog/2015/02/07/777-immersion-update-v1-1/

Rich Sennett

I am often wrong, but the lighting on the B77X wings cannot be manipulated with most lighting addons, I say most instead of all because I hate to be wrong.  They are not the same thing as most exterior models.  They had to be designed to move with the wing flex.

If you think I was unhelpful, please consider I may save you time and effort for tying to modify the lights.

Dan Downs KCRP

You are correct thats why hoping FSFXPackages does something very cool as I dont know - I am on P3D - maybe someone on fsx version can chime in here

Rich Sennett

Screenshot would be good, I have the 777 and the only complaint I have is the "Tail Logo" is in my opinion too dim. Do you have "Bloom" on?

Screenshot would be good, I have the 777 and the only complaint I have is the "Tail Logo" is in my opinion too dim. Do you have "Bloom" on?

Easy fix for a painter just open (pmdg_777_tail_L.dds) with dxtbmp send it to photoshop and lighten tail area eazy peazy - does look a little dim when I checked it out in dxtbmp - haven't noticed it yet in sim - to much snow shoveling 

Rich Sennett

Easy fix for a painter just open (pmdg_777_tail_L.dds) with dxtbmp send it to photoshop and lighten tail area eazy peazy - does look a little dim when I checked it out in dxtbmp - haven't noticed it yet in sim - to much snow shoveling 

Thanks for the tip. I miss the snow, not the shoveling. 

Thanks for the tip. I miss the snow, not the shoveling. 

When i get a chance I will do it for you

Rich Sennett