Sign in to follow this  
dogrokket

CTD when starting RCV4

This just started happening: it doesn't matter what a/c I have loaded. I load a flight plan into RCV4, start FSX. After pressing fly now, I press alt+enter to window fsx. As soon as I so much as click on the RCV4 window, FSX crashes. It doesn't seem to crash at other times.

I have

updated REX Essentials Plus

WoAi traffic files

Several add on airport sceneries

Updated nvidia graphics driver

Automationcore.dll

A machine with 16g of RAM quad core Intel processor 2.5 ghz nvidia gt870 graphics.

I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts before I dive into the CTD guide??

Forgot to mention optimized .cfg file with venetubo.

I need to add some info...

It does not seem to be related to RCV4.  If I alt tab and click on the REX weather window, it crashes instantly as well. 

I tried a clean boot.  No difference.

Here's an event log:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          2/11/2015 6:28:34 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      BigMool
Description:
Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17630, time stamp: 0x54b0d74f
Exception code: 0xc0000008
Fault offset: 0x0007d730
Faulting process id: 0x1d98
Faulting application start time: 0x01d04651dad93c70
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: b21b0a56-b245-11e4-8278-303a64afbfa8
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-02-11T23:28:34.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>30556</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>BigMool</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>10.0.61637.0</Data>
    <Data>46fadb14</Data>
    <Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>6.3.9600.17630</Data>
    <Data>54b0d74f</Data>
    <Data>c0000008</Data>
    <Data>0007d730</Data>
    <Data>1d98</Data>
    <Data>01d04651dad93c70</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>b21b0a56-b245-11e4-8278-303a64afbfa8</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

If that's not the right log, please let me know!

Thanks

<<<EDIT>>>

Even if nothing else is running (re: RCV4, REX), if I alt tab and even click anywhere on the desktop, I get the crash.  Wierd!  Frame rates are great!

Your crash was caused by the ntdll.dll. This is a system module and most of the crashes caused by this module are caused by too high/low voltages in your BIOS. If you recently overclocked or changed a setting in the BIOS, this is most likely the cause. There's another recent topic here too about this type of crash. You might want to take a look at that. Of course the AVSIM CTD Guide provides probable and known causes of crashes so it would be wise to check that out too.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for the reply. I haven't done anything to the bios, however, windows just updated itself recently. I'm running a Lenovo Y50 and so far, I have been very pleased with its performance; its a good travel companion (as I spend half my life in hotels). I will dive into the guide and report back; however, it's curious that it was working quite well before. I will have to back track and figure out what changed. FSX is like the Airbus. It's all about the voltage.

There's another recent topic here too about this type of crash. You might want to take a look at that. Of course the AVSIM CTD Guide provides probable and known causes of crashes so it would be wise to check that out too.

Jim, could you please point me to the topic you are refering to? Also, according to app crash view, I am getting a d3d9.dll error; but by far, it's the ntdll.dll that shows up most often.

Thanks

Jim, could you please point me to the topic you are refering to? Also, according to app crash view, I am getting a d3d9.dll error; but by far, it's the ntdll.dll that shows up most often.

Thanks

Here you go! http://forum.avsim.net/topic/461767-p3d-v24-ctd/

Best regards,

I am getting a d3d9.dll error;

See page 9 of the CTD Guide regarding this error.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks again Jim.  I deleted the automationcore.dll.  I also deleted my fsx config and let fsx build a new one.  That seemed to fix things!  Now I can alt enter and back without a crash.  Now I can move on with my life :rolleyes: .

That seemed to fix things! Now I can alt enter and back without a crash. Now I can move on with my life

Great news! Glad some of the suggestions worked. Rebuilding the FSX.cfg is probably the best "fix" around. Enjoy!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM