Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

FSX minimising

Recently my FSX keeps minimising randomly. Can't really explain the pattern.

I use OS7

737 NGX

ASN

EZDOK

REX4D

Vernon Howells

Does it minimize to a small, windowed mode, or all the way to the taskbar?  The only reason I ask is that my FSX install kept minimizing to a small, windowed mode.  I found that Google Updater was running in the background.  Once I shut that down, it stopped happening.

There's something running in the background that is taking priority and FSX is minimizing. I had the same issue with the Citrix Receiver client running. As soon as I turned that off, the issue stopped. Try and stop any applications running in the task bar. I also use a little app called KillProcess and created a list of apps I want to kill before FSX launches.

M

I followed Nick's bible as well.  Google reactivates the updater when it updates software such as Chrome.  I had to go into msconfig, and kill it in the start up tab.  I've had to do it twice in the past three months.

I did reinstall google and all the things i disabled are back, so i've gone through the google part on nicks bible and disabled everything :)

Fingers crossed.

Vernon Howells

I'd had this recently, too in fullscreen, when I change radio freqs on vatsim it jumps from full screen to windowed, also suddenly when I leave it unattended for a while it jumps to the windows login screen

14ppkc-6.png

Well it happened again but i did have google running?

But i've gone and disabled the updating etc on nicks bible

Vernon Howells