Sign in to follow this  
kdf83kjfnda

Bad Performance in P3D 2.5

Hi Guys,

i'm very frustrated. I have a bad peformance in P3d 2.5. I reinstalled my pc yesterday and installed p3d 2.5 today. I only use the pmdg 777 and a319 as addons. Other addons like orbx or rex i have not yet installed But in the default graphic settings i get only 18 fps in the 777 at the default airport. That's scarry. 

My system:

P3D 2.5
Nvidia 770 GTX 4GB with Driver 347.25 and powermanagement mode "maximum power"
i5 2500k
16 GB Ram
500 GB SSD
Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit

I hope someone has an similar system and can report how the peformance is or has some other tipps.

Sorry for my bad english.

Greetings
peakproject

peakproject

Don't waste too much of your energies looking for high FPS. What you should be looking for is smoothness. When you are on the runway about to take-off, do you notice a smooth take-off or is it full of stutters? I was only getting 12-15FPS in VC mode, 20-25FPS in Exterior modes. But I asked myself, at the end of the day, is a figure in red in the corner showing a high number count of more importance than when I take off and that take-off is smooth. And even at 12-15fps in VC from the cockpit in the PMDG 777-300ER, as I thundered down the runway, the passing runway scenery underneath was a smooth transition, not full of jerks and stutters. Just my ha' purth!

Hey I have a GTX 770 too but with 2GB of Vram.

What FPS do you get with default Aircraft on default Airports?

I asks this because I dont have PMDG 777 and the AS Bus.

I am still with naked V2.5 so we can compare our fps with default Settings.

This is true to a point.   Is it too much to ask for smoothness AND a decent frame rate because frame rate is part of the equation of creating realism in the flight.   Low FPS is fine if you are looking straight ahead but if you pan your head at low FPS it looks terrible, especially when you are recording video.   The brain knows there is something not right when FPS starts to drop below 24 FPS.  Yeah it's smooth but the eye can see there is something not right, at least my eye can tell and it does get irritating, especially with the price tag associated with not just the aircraft but the hardware invested in the simulation.

I got 22 FPS right now on the 777 in P3D on v2.4 which I'll have to live with.   There is no setting, no slider bar, no tweak that can get it any higher on my hardware and OS setup.   And the sad news for me, as I am about to buy a GTX 980, is that I will see no change at all when I stuff this $550 video card in the system.  I already have all the bells and whistles pretty much going.   I am really getting it to run Skyrim on triple monitors so still worth the money!  

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I'd stick with P3D V2.4 for a while.  Obyx and Simaddons are still working on developing their products for V2.5.  There may be a whole lot more products that need work.    Regarding smoothness I have a 770 with two monitors and run mine at 30 FPS because as has already been said the human eye can differentiate anything below 24.  Movie films are generally made at 24 FPS.  All of my sliders are at least ultra although VSync is turned off.  All that does is try and keep things running together and you lose speed (FPS) when you do this.

Jim

The illusion of smoothness at low framerates quickly falls apart when you are using a TrackIR. It may be ok if you look straight ahead all the time and occasionally pan around with a hat switch but when you can use natural head movement to look around you really notice the choppiness. Personally I have had TIR since 2008 and refuse to fly any sim without it. 

I'd rather lower my settings a bit and have a higher FPS...

@NATK: With the F-22 and clear sky i get around 60 FPS if i set the slider to "unlimited". If i lock it at 60 FPS i got around 47 FPS.
@jfmitch: Amazin how you get 30 FPS with the 777, two monitors and sliders at ulta. With my 18 FPS it feels not very smoth if i pan the view or fly a circle. 

Can't agree more than with the last posters. I have a good setup and get about between 25-30 constantly in the PMDG 777. Plenty of users are apparently satisfied with this but comparing to the 40-45 fps I get with the DASH 400, it is a night and day difference in overall smoothness and flight simming experience...

Anthony

WIN 11 - MSFS 2020 - X-plane 12

i7 13700KF - ZOTAC OC - RTX 4080 - 4K

Just wanted to add, to peakprojects post above.

Clean install, no add ons. Default flight im getting 70fps. Close to 60fps with everything maxed out.

As soon as I lock fps at 60 it drops to 40ish.

Any ideas why this might be? If I lock at 60 to match my screen and lower all settings it still will not reach 60fps. If I unlock it then it jumps back to way above. Makes me not want to limit frames if it is killing fps.

Obviously this is before any add ons which will lower fps even more. Once orbx and ifly and opus is back on I know it will drop so that is why I want to get it the best I can in its clean state.

Regards

Chris

Makes me not want to limit frames if it is killing fps.

Ya it's strange but a lot of people (including myself) get much better performance without the frame limiter.  If you really want to lock the frames try locking them in nvidia inspector, I have had a better experience there.

Ryan

It would be nice if PMDG implemented the same CPU core and off sim strategy as Majestic with the 777 and others. That said, it would probably require a major revamp of their whole line of aircraft to allow this.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

It would be nice if PMDG implemented the same CPU core and off sim strategy as Majestic with the 777 and others. That said, it would probably require a major revamp of their whole line of aircraft to allow this.

I read a quote a while ago that said that PMDG already do that in their aircraft

The illusion of smoothness at low framerates quickly falls apart when you are using a TrackIR. It may be ok if you look straight ahead all the time and occasionally pan around with a hat switch but when you can use natural head movement to look around you really notice the choppiness. Personally I have had TIR since 2008 and refuse to fly any sim without it.

I'd rather lower my settings a bit and have a higher FPS...

Glad I'm not the only one with this issue

Doesn't always happen but does when Fps variance is above 15%

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

i get really good performance with 2.5 and airbus x

Would you care to share your settings, With the default Baron I get amazing performance and silky smooth flight with the settings pretty high. I have the new Airbus series and with this aircraft the FPS does drop which I would expect given the complexity, rarely below 40 but I do seem to get some micro stutters. I have played with every setting and tried some config tweaks but I must say I have a clean config at the moment. I have also found it way better to have Vsync in P3D turned off and frames unlimited unlike FSX

I believe this is something to do with the fact that P3D doesn't run in a real full screen enviroment. It would certainly explain alot

Don't get me wrong the bus is very flyable I wish I could just get it as smooth as FSX with DX10

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png