Sign in to follow this  
mtaxp

10.35 beta is out!

Will be looking forward to 10.40, it's  a step closer. 

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I just downloaded the beta and checked my home airport (EDDS). Janov created a new Version of this airport which is now in the sim and its so much better then the original Aerosoft version. This must have been a lot of work and shows what can be done with the lego brick system.

A huge thanks to Janov for doing this im%20Not%20Worthy.gif .

Bell%20407_33.jpg

Bell%20407_34.jpg

Bell%20407_41.jpg

Bell%20407_42.jpg

Bell%20407_52.jpg

Bell%20407_54.jpg

Bell%20407_56.jpg

Bell%20407_57.jpg

Bell%20407_58.jpg

Bell%20407_60.jpg

Bell%20407_62.jpg

Bell%20407_64.jpg

Bell%20407_67.jpg

Bell%20407_75.jpg

Bell%20407_80.jpg

Bell%20407_91.jpg

Bell%20407_95.jpg

Bell%20407_102.jpg

Bell%20407_109.jpg

Bell%20407_113.jpg

Wow, I didn´t even know that my airport looked that good, thanks for posting the pics!

If you see "double airports" at EDDK, EDDF and EDDS, make sure you disable the AEROSOFT custom airports for those three airports, this is how:

2.) Open your scenery_pack.ini file in the "Custom Scenery" folder, and replace the

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/

with

SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/

then save.

Do the same for EDDK and EDDS.

I have added literally hundreds of airports for Germany (and some in USA, namely KRJB, KFLG, KPSP, KBUR, KSNA).

All airports in the German states of Hessen, Niedersachsen, Schleswig-Holstein, Bremen, Hamburg, Nordrhein-Westfalen and Rheinland-Pfalz have realistic 3D layouts, plus a few in Baden-Württemberg (all the IFR ones) and a few dozen heliports at hospitals :-)

Happy to see you enjoy them, this is the fuel that keeps me going!

Cheers, Jan

Wow, I didn´t even know that my airport looked that good, thanks for posting the pics!

I have added literally hundreds of airports for Germany (and some in USA, namely KRJB, KFLG, KPSP, KBUR, KSNA).

All airports in the German states of Hessen, Niedersachsen, Schleswig-Holstein, Bremen, Hamburg, Nordrhein-Westfalen and Rheinland-Pfalz have realistic 3D layouts, plus a few in Baden-Württemberg (all the IFR ones) and a few dozen heliports at hospitals :-)

Happy to see you enjoy them, this is the fuel that keeps me going!

Cheers, Jan

Well done, Janov, very well done indeed!

Keep on the great work! If there were more people like you the X-Plane world would be filled with lots of nice airports. Big thanks!

Happy landings!

Tillov

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Open your scenery_pack.ini file in the "Custom Scenery" folder, and replace

That was going to be my next question.  Should I disable all custom airports as they apparently have been re-installed somewhere else?  And where are they (the new ones) installed?

Thanks,

John

John Wingold

That was going to be my next question.  Should I disable all custom airports as they apparently have been re-installed somewhere else?  And where are they (the new ones) installed?

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

just mark the Aerosoft custom airports that are updated by me (EDDK, EDDF, EDDS) in the way I mentioned. That way X-Plane knows not to load them. If you remove them physically, you will just get them again on the next update (since the updater finds out that they are missing).

Do not disable or remove the other ones that Aerosoft did. I am lobbying for Laminar to remove the old duplicate Aerosoft airports, and am even in contact in Aerosoft about that. They support my case and are happy that I am updating these airports.

Jan

I hadn't realised the lego brick system could produce such results, wow!

just mark the Aerosoft custom airports that are updated by me (EDDK, EDDF, EDDS)

Thanks Janov.  I am grateful for your work.

John

John Wingold

Wow, what a nice guy! Beautiful work.

Bob