Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Dreier

Prepar3D 2.5 and FSX

I assume the answer is yes, but want to be sure before I install P3D. Does Prepar3D exist well on a computer with FSX installed? P3 D will be on its own hdd bit Ill want to install FSUIPC, ASN, etc. on P3D. Right now I have FSX running with MANY addons. I don't want to create a conflict in the registry or any place else. Anything to be aware of? Thanks.

they should be able to cohabit the same PC

as long as they dont come out at the same time and fight

LOL

Does Prepar3D exist well on a computer with FSX installed?

Yes, however you will need to check with any add-on vendor(s) you use if they are being used in both P3D and FSX.

Cheers, Rob.

Yes, however you will need to check with any add-on vendor(s) you use if they are being used in both P3D and FSX.

Cheers, Rob.

To make sure the add-on will work with both on the same machine?

I have mine same drive, side-by-side, but now have stopped using FSX-MS after completely getting rid of FSX-SE. Once I get installer for my many varied sceneries that currently work for FSX-MS, I'll get rid of that too.

Thanks guys. I've downloaded it and really looking forward to the installation and experience.

If you're using aircraft with P3D installers then you should be Ok, but some aircraft's Control Configurators, fuel planners, and/or livery managers might get confused about which version of the aircraft needs to be updated.

Cheers, Rob.

Have been using both FSx and P3d 2.4 on same machine for a while now - no problems, but as Rob says be careful what you are updating and to where.

I was only keeping FSX going for PMDG planes, but now that they are arriving for P3D, am getting to the point of ditching FSX, only because keeping addons updated for both systems is becoming a real time consuming task (pain) these days (ASN x 2, PMDG 777 x 2, iFly 737 x 2, GSX x 2, MCE x 2, DX10 Fixer for FSX, EFB x 2, Navigraph FMS data x 2, and the list goes on!). Got to move on with one system now.

Rob

Robin Harris