Sign in to follow this  
uhntissbaby111

On a lighter/happy note

Having been anxiously awaiting the arrival of 777 onto the P3d platform for the past few months, I just purchased it a few hours ago and now got done flying around a bit just to see how she looks in the P3d environment. Since her release there has been much heated debate/complaining on various forums about pricing/vas usage/performance. But I figured I would start a post on a lighter more happy note, and say WOW! I had the 777 on FSX so I already knew what I was getting systems wise. So what I was excited for was more so the visuals/being on a platform that is alive and evolving. I must say the visuals really do make the plane more immersive. Especially the shadows. I really can't believe how much they add. Before I saw them for the first time in P3d I always said that "yeah it would be nice to have them in flight sim but I dont need them as they dont add much." And man was I wrong, I dont think I could fly without them. They add so much depth and immersion, seeing the light dance across the displays while banking. Seeing the light flicker when flying in and out of cloud cover. Very cool! One of my first thoughts when I saw the light come over the flight deck was Uma Thurman's reaction in Pulp FIction when she did that thing in the bathroom that seemed to be the thing to do in the 80s, and exclaimed, "I said god****!!!!" And also at night there is a nice improvement. Gone are the weird purplish night skies in FSX that allowed you to see almost as good as daylight. Flying a long haul over the Atlantic will finally feel like it does in real life, the feeling of being so alone in the world, not being able to see a single thing except the reflection of the beacon light on the engine. Just wish P3d will fix the clouds being so bright during the night, but that is for a different post. So in conclusion, thank you PMDG for a wonderful product and I am eagerly looking forward to experiencing her in an ever improving flight sim environment!!

One of my first thoughts when I saw the light come over the flight deck was Uma Thurman's reaction in Pulp FIction when she did that thing in the bathroom that seemed to be the thing to do in the 80s, and exclaimed, "I said god****!!!!"

hahahahaha - that got my morning off to a good start. Thanks for that.

Kyle Rodgers

I had planned only to buy the -200 for P3D,but was so impressed with the difference from FSX,that I purchased the -300 too the same day

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I made my purchase 2 evenings ago, my first ever PMDG product, the base 200 package, delighted I got the introduction price. Installed it onto a nudey 2.4, instalation process and activation were no probs at all. Performance wize pretty much the same as the majority, 28ish FPS and smooth. I will be Unstalling and installing into 2.5 over the week.

I'm a happy Poppet

Nice information......For me I will have to wait for NGX, JS41, and other 10 addons to be compatible before I think about it ......also the 64b thing :)

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Dammit!!...the OP has seriously annoyed the h*** out of me! :mad:

Now I have to get serious about consideration of the switch to P3D...and before the end of March 15 to boot! Nice post....I guess.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

hahahahaha - that got my morning off to a good start. Thanks for that.

No problem Kyle. You have given me more than my fair share of laughs, glad I could repay the favor

Nice information......For me I will have to wait for NGX, JS41, and other 10 addons to be compatible before I think about it ......also the 64b thing :)

I'm actually also a bit worried about it.. The fact that rsr said that p3d would be more expensive at some point in the future, and some missing compatibility. The fact that Some other developer has stopped answering on p3d threads and started a partnership with dovetail makes me wonder if p3d all though at development and getting better will ever be the right choice for me.

So atm I'm betting the introduction price and potentially 89$ on the fact that it won't be..

What will? I have absolutely no idea

How does the p3d version compare to the FSX version fps wise?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

my first ever PMDG product,

Welcome! I've seen your posts in the P3D forums and glad to see you join us.  Any gems that you uncover in adapting the PMDG77X product to your P3D installation are welcomed here.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dammit!!...the OP has seriously annoyed the h*** out of me! :mad:

Now I have to get serious about consideration of the switch to P3D...and before the end of March 15 to boot! Nice post....I guess.

Yup, me too. I had some money saved for a hardware upgrade and did not plan upgrading to P3D for awhile yet. That upgrade price persuaded me to get it now. I was planning on changing sims when all the PMDG aircraft were P3D ready. So much for that new hardware.  :lol: For a while!  :wink:

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Great post OP! Had me laughing.

I hold all of the same views, super bright clouds etc.

P3D has a promising future. I'll be acquiring the NGX and making a total transition to P3D.

Brian Nellis

Brian Nellis

Welcome

Hello Dan and thank you.   Yes i am doing my fresh 2.5 install today and slowly going to install 777 along with other ad on's