Sign in to follow this  
Branech

Problem with VoxATC and P3D V2.5

I have the latest hotfix and yes it stops but will carry on and complete after about 30 secs believe there is a new hotfix coming out very soon and cant speak for that

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

and yes it stops but will carry on and complete after about 30 secs

This happens with the FSX (MSE) as well, but no prob.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I had this solved a while ago.   Sorry I didn't see this topic sooner.   I stumbled upon this subject while looking for something else today.

When I researched it and didn't find anything in the forums I thought I was on my own, so I did some comparisons between FSX and P3D cfg files.

SOLUTION:

The VOXATC indexer is looking for the following entries in the "[Main]" section of your Prepar3d.cfg file:

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
For some reason, the latest P3D.cfg file no longer has them.   As we all know, VOXATC needs to research the available aircraft you have installed.  Without these (or at least the first entry) it cannot successfully do that.

I hope this works for you guys.   It worked great for me.  No issues since.

BTW - Although I love VOXATC, Tegwyn should have been able to see this.  And, although this would seem to be the fault of LM, if P3D doesn't need these entries itself... then this ends up being Tegwyn's issue with VOXATC having to rely on such entries.  (I'm a software developer, that's how I see it).

PHIL CHIMBOLO

"Flight Simming for 40-years"

Intel Core i7 3970X 3.50GHz (OC @ 4.20GHz) | 32GB RAM | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | Four Monitors | GoFlight Pro Yoke

GoFlight TQ6 Advance Throttle | CH Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5

Phil,

"The VOXATC indexer is looking for the following entries in the "[Main]" section of your Prepar3d.cfg file:"

My main section does not have those .. and all is ok here.

I just did a VOXatc indexer (P3D selected) .. it scanned the scenery files, it finished.

Then I started the aircraft selection and selected a another aircraft .. it worked

Is there a problem I missed?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Phil,

"The VOXATC indexer is looking for the following entries in the "[Main]" section of your Prepar3d.cfg file:"

My main section does not have those .. and all is ok here.

I just did a VOXatc indexer (P3D selected) .. it scanned the scenery files, it finished.

Then I started the aircraft selection and selected a another aircraft .. it worked

Same here, no problem so far. Did another run of the indexer yesterday and it went through normally.

I just completed my first flight with Vox 6.50 and P3D 2.5. no problems whatsoever other than initial descent early, but I think that may have been flight plan related rather than VOX. I had two occasions where I had to wait to get runway crossing instructions so that worked fine as well. I'll give it another try tonight.

NAX669.png

I'm having issues with Vox 6.51 and P3D V2.5 with the first hotfix applied - it seems that the FO option doesn't work properly. I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this, and whether it's an issue with Vox, or possibly some kind of FSUIPC issue. The problem is, it seems the FO cannot interact with the aircraft, change radios etc. And when 'he' goes to make a radio call, it gets stuck on 'First Officer is operating radio', causing all other radio traffic to go a bit funny as well.

Not in your case.

It solved my "freezing indexer" problem.   Yay for me, and not for everyone else, I guess.   If my suggestion works for others, glad I could help.   If not, they can keep digging through the forums.

PHIL CHIMBOLO

"Flight Simming for 40-years"

Intel Core i7 3970X 3.50GHz (OC @ 4.20GHz) | 32GB RAM | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | Four Monitors | GoFlight Pro Yoke

GoFlight TQ6 Advance Throttle | CH Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5

sent to publisher...

please see JFdTVow.png?1

I am running p3dv2.5 AND FSX Steam Edition

After uninstall, using latest installer, it hangs at the shown position each time.

Please advise....and anyone here..please comment.

thanks,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

"I am running p3dv2.5 AND FSX Steam Edition"

Is VOXatc installer ok (approved) with "FSX Steam" now?

Best Regards,

At this point VOXATC is INOP for me - I have P3D2.5.

I installed 6.51 but I got an exception error with FSUIPC. Couldn't use the sim selection / no indexer

Reinstalled 6.50. Installs OK, but the VOXATC gives me a "FATAL ERROR! Diasable VOXATC".

Sent a support request email to Tegwyn.

It's strange that it worked before I installed 6.51 - for the most part anyway. The PTT switch did not map to the joystick correctly.

Did a clean unistall with REVO.

Anyway, we'll wait

"At this point VOXATC is INOP for me - I have P3D2.5."

Are you using FSUIPC version 4-939e ?

Best Regards,

Interestingly, I managed to get it to work last night.  Perhaps a fluke, perhaps not?

If I start up the flight, load in a flight plan (generated from PFPX) into P3D and only then start VoxATC, it seems to work.  

I only got as far as getting taxi clearance before having to call it a night (I'm slow setting up!), but it was a substantial improvement on the "FATAL ERROR" messages I was having seconds after VoxATC finished loading.

I'm going to try again tonight and will see how far I get into the flight.

I'm on P3D 2.5 inc. hotfixes, Vox 6.51 and FSUIPC 4939

"At this point VOXATC is INOP for me - I have P3D2.5."

Are you using FSUIPC version 4-939e ?

Thanks Vaughn, I will check but I usually stay on top of thing for FSUIPC. Tegwyn sent me an email this morning - excellent support BTW - he told me to rerun SimConnect.msi, then VOIXATC tools.exe

Interestingly, I managed to get it to work last night.  Perhaps a fluke, perhaps not?

If I start up the flight, load in a flight plan (generated from PFPX) into P3D and only then start VoxATC, it seems to work.  

I only got as far as getting taxi clearance before having to call it a night (I'm slow setting up!), but it was a substantial improvement on the "FATAL ERROR" messages I was having seconds after VoxATC finished loading.

I'm going to try again tonight and will see how far I get into the flight.

I'm on P3D 2.5 inc. hotfixes, Vox 6.51 and FSUIPC 4939

Interesting indeed that you also have a FATAL ERROR short after VOXATC starts.

In any case - this is a great program. So far I had way more fun than problems with it. I really like the ATC immersion and I am just getting familiar with the SID/STARS portion of it. The procedures are the main reason why I got it, but the traffic arround you - like a cloud of bees - is great fun.

Now, with the 2.5 + hotfixes are done, the new Duke P3DV2 w/ GTN750 installed, this is the last piece to get my sim environment back.

Thanks for sharing guys. I will test when able and report back. :smile:

The SDK was the culprit. I did not upgrade to the latest version after the P3D hotfix install 2.5.12944 (silly me).

Tegwyn informed me that 6.51 will not work when P3D alone is installed as a sim. P3D users must use version 6.50.

My FSUIPC version was 4.939e.

I still have a small issue: the VOXATC window does not work with the Duke Turbine V2. The window appears in the bottom center of my three screens and is completely black - no comm, no enable button. The Duke did figure in the list of aircraft for the panel installation.

Again, I communicated with Tegwyn who requested my panel.cfg file. I should get an answer tomorrow.

IMHO, the support Tegwyn provides for VOXATC is top notch and is at par with Majestic and RealAir.