Sign in to follow this  
gboz

Opus Fully Compatible with Prepar3D v2.5

Just wondering if Opus FSX/FSI has any problems with the just released P3D version 2.5.

The new folder structure has not upset anything?

Thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Shouldn't think so, we are downloading and installing ours today.

I will confirm later.

Stephen :-)

Of course if there are any changes needed then we will post a new release today or asap.

I don't think FSUIPC4 is fully compatible yet. I've had problems getting it to work with P3D v2.5 so may need to check or wait for an FSUIPC4 update.

Without it the OpusFSI Pause and DWC will be inoperative.

Stephen smiley1.gif

There is no issue. OpusFSI does not itself effect performance, but the number of cloud layers and cloud coverage will obviously require the sim to render more on the screen. OpusFSI generates extremely realistic weather and cloud patterns. If this happens to require greater cloud layers or coverage then the sim has to display more cloud. However, users have always been able to specify the sims cloud draw distance which can have a large impact.

Once more, OpusFSI does NOT impact on the sims performance. But obviously if you turn up settings such as cloud density, cloud draw distance, number of AI traffic, etc. then there will be an impact on the sims workload. It's always been that way and is the same in P3D and FSX. With P3D you also have settings for determining the amount of cloud shadows etc.

It's all down to the sim settings and NOT the weather engine. Except the ultra realistic and accurate weather generated by OpusFSI may result in additional cloud layers, just like the real world. This has no real problem with the vast majority of OpusFSI users, you've just got to be realistic about your system, addons, and simulator settings such as mentioned above.

People realy missing the point and not realising that additional 'real world' cloud cover may mean you cannot max out all the P3D settings.

This has always been the case with FSX and P3D. More so with P3D because you have new effects such as specifying cloud shadow draw distances, cloud density settings etc..

Of course there's also DHM. All Dynamic Head Movement will have an impact on the sim as the eye point must be constantly adjusted to reflect turbulent motions, engine vibrations etc. (all controllable). A similar effect can be seen if you fly along waggling your wings, the constant changes to the display will require greater processing by the sim and the FPS can drop on some systems.

However, DHM like everything else, is optional.

We do not notice any appreciable loss in performance with our detailed Live Weather and Live Camera DHM active. Depends on the system I suppose and the simulators settings. Set cloud draw distance, density and cloud shadow distances up to max and you will increase the workload on the sim in cloudy weather. Fly with DHM in turbulent conditions and you will be asking more of your sim with the constant eye point adjustments.

All pretty obvious really and not much difference with the sim type.

Personally, I wouldn't bother sim flying without the realistic OpusFSI weather and cloud layering, and the real-world DHM motions. You can probably throw ButtKicker in to the equation as well.

So NOT an issue, and nothing really to do with OpusFSI, just normal sim operation and limitations must be taken into account.

Thanks Stephen for the explanation.

Good to know that there is no compatibility issue here. I will install Opus in v2.5 and see how I can adjust setting.

/Yuji 

The latest OpusFSI Beta also seems to have resolved the SimConnect startup problem that P3D did not care for when displaying its Create Flight dialog. We have changed the startup order and procedure to find a sequence that P3D can cope with and does not cause P3D problems.

We highly recommend using the OpusPDK Interface with P3D v2.4+ as well, it's far more efficient at handling all eye point control.

We highly recommend using the OpusPDK Interface with P3D v2.4+ as well, it's far more efficient at handling all eye point control.

I tried to find information on OpusPDK but not much sucess. What is this and how is it more effecient at handling eye point control? What is the effect of using this?

Thanks,

/Y

It is far more efficient as P3D v2.4 onwards, or in general, is not very efficient at handling any SimConnect 6DOF requests. It can raise exceptions and disregard the requests when it's busy etc.. The PDK interface allows 6DOF control at a much lower level and hence is very efficient. You will find details of the OpusPDK Interface in our Announcements (main support forum is SimForums but most or many announcements are duplicated here), you will find details in the latest User Guide, and also help via the Question mark (help) button in the Configure dialog, labelled 'Setup Guide' next to the OpusPDK Interface checkbox option.

The effect is simply, far more efficient 6DOF control.

Hello guys

In OpusFsi how to make the clouds moving with the wind?

In Rex4 OD I can see that effect

Thanks

The effect is natural and simply requires a reasonable ambient wind to be blowing. There's a video or screenshots I believe showing OpusFSI clouds streaming across the sky in strong winds. But this is an effect of the WIND and not the weather engine.

Make sure you adhere to Recommended Practices, then simply specify your Destination and a Max Cruise Altitude (you will need at least 4000 feet for auto GRIB data providing upper winds and temps), then update the weather. Choose a windy location and fairly low clouds and the clouds will move across the sky...

...nothing more than the standard SIMULATOR doing what it does.

Weather engines do NOT position or move individual clouds !

The lower the cloud and the stronger the wind will produce faster moving clouds visible in the sim. Irrespective of whether it's FSX, FSX-SE, or P3D.

If you want to see the clouds moving rapidly you could always 'Import' the following METAR...

GLOB 000000Z 14035KT 9999 BKN008 16/04 Q1026

Save the METAR in a simple txt file then use the OpusFSI Import METAR Data From File option after browsing and identifying your txt file.

The low (800') broken clouds should be clearly moving. It will help also if you have a reasonable GRIB wind defined for the 4000' level (check the on screen Lower Atmosphere weather report). If the 4000' wind is calm this will lessen the effect.

Stephen :BigGrin: