Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

Just purchased P3D

Well after having a chat with my good friend Rick (VC10man) I decided to bite the bullet and purchase P3D 2.5. Currently downloading.

I recently had to get a new HDD, so had to re install FSX  for the first time in 4 years, and when I installed it, and started adding all my hundreds of addons, was flying around testing it, I came to the conclusion, that it did not look so good anymore. It felt like MS Train Simulator :)

I just have a few questions, and the first one I will ask LM directly, but before I do, I thought I would ask here.

1: I was charged about $8 sales tax. Not sure why, as here in NZ, we do not pay any sort of tax on online purchases. Is this correct ?

2. I have done a search here, and seems to be a 50/50 answer, but do I need to use Nvidia Inspector ? I have a Sandy Bridge 2600K @ 4.3 GHZ and a GTX580

3. Do I need to use the BufferPools tweak in the CFG

Time to start reading up here at the forum, but would appreciate any help with the questions above.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

2. I have done a search here, and seems to be a 50/50 answer, but do I need to use Nvidia Inspector ? I have a Sandy Bridge 2600K @ 4.3 GHZ and a GTX580

I don't use it anymore with 2.5 but you can use certain items if needed.

3. Do I need to use the BufferPools tweak in the CFG

No.  The only tweak I use FTFF=.01

Not sure about sales tax as I live in the US so I expect that.

Sean Green

Hi Julian,

Welcome to P3D2

Q1: i dont know. Iam from germany i payed 199 US

Q2: N Inspector is to be used at own risk. The SGSS is working but not necessary

Q3: No Bufferpools rquired.

:)

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Thanks guy's. Good info to get me started. Appreciated.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

For me, the only tweak used is

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=252

I leave the first 2 threads om my 4770k(HT enabled) for OS/external apps and the rest for P3D.

Having just DL 2.5 last night and only adding 2 aircraft I tried Matt Davis's two and only two tweaks he uses.

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=84

The other made be rise a eyebrow, Now please correct me if am wrong. As default this is .3 meaning that 1/3 of every second is given to render the textures. Lowing this frees up that time to give more fps but at the cost of blurry textures. so....

[Main]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01

looks crazy low, giving no time to render textures at all.

Well tried it last night and texture loading was no problem with default textures. Even in NY texture loadin was fine and 80fps with a default aircraft. 

He also shows his nv setting

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

[Main]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01

looks crazy low, giving no time to render textures at all.

This seems to have different results on systems. I have mid-range desktop and this tweak helps with fps, but I can notice much more blurries.

Lukasz

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

Well thats what I thought I would see also, but was not the case, but i do have a 780 with 6gb of vram, will wait till i have FTX Global/Vector/OLC and then see.

The AM I added first and it gave me a 10% jump in fps but the FFTF did not give anymore FPS but that would kick in more when in flight.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip