Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

New Tripacer from Bill's Custom Classics

Got mine and took it for a couple of test flights already. Exterior model is one of the best I've seen. Lots of nice details. Will have to re-activate my Active Camera because it's very useful for the "V+" feature, allthough you *can* move around without it. VC is also great with lots of nice touches. Glad to see that adding passengers is now optional. Seems a tad overpowered but other than that, flies very nicely.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Zevious Zoquis

yes, I'm finding it to be a bit too pwerful too...

Guest Divergent Phugoid

I hope Bill does a Vagabond soon. That is the one I'm waiting for. Indeed it would be good to get the complete collection of short wing Pipers.

Guest Zevious Zoquis

yep, unfortunately he also appears to have deleted several of the comments, including my own. I'm not hyper-obsessed with making sure the planes fly absolutely by the numbers or anything, I just felt that the Pacer has a few performance characteristics that seemed to miss the mark by a fairly wide margin. It just kinda removes alot of the fun/challenge of flying the plane when you don't suffer much of any consequence from exceeding it's rw capabilities...but, I guess I'll just adjust the parameter Bill recommended...addendum:hmm, well I guess perhaps I've over-stepped my bounds in commenting on the Pacer here. It sounds as though Bill has not taken kindly to this thread. Just for the record, I don't think it was the intention of anyone who brought up concerns about the Pacer (it certainly wasn't my intention) to in any way attack Bill Lyons or his work. I think the Pacer is wonderful. I also think Brian Gladdens freeware version is wonderful. I certainly do not want my money back and I really apologize if my comments re the Pacer were not presented in a diplomatic enough fashion.

Guest oyvindhansen

I saw Bill's comments about "a horrible thread in the free for all cesspool they call a forum at avsim"(sic), but I cannot believe how he can remove the aircraft based on the comments made in this thread, which I found friendly for the most part. Isn't it allowed to discuss anything openly anymore and call one addon better than another?-

Guest CWD

I don't think that anyone here meant any personal offense toward Bill with any comments they've made. As for the "versus" comparison between Bill's PA-22 and Brian Gladden's, that seemed to simmer down quickly before anyone got seriously upset. All the posts I have seen about the Tri-Pacer on this forum and others have been very complimentary, with the only complaints being minor quibbles about the possibly "overheated" flight dynamics.I suggest that everybody go over to Bill's forum and let him know there was no malice directed his way, lest we end up with a repeat of a recent unfortunate incident.

Guest Zevious Zoquis

the site is gone now... :(

Guest oyvindhansen

>I suggest that everybody go over to Bill's forum and let him>know there was no malice directed his way, lest we end up with>a repeat of a recent unfortunate incident. I'm not so sure about that. I don't think anone owes Bill or Brian Gladden any apology for things said here. Frankly, I'm getting tired of these "developer-meltdowns". Bill Lyons has always struck me as a gentleman, but his comments about Avsim indicate that his feelings about the site go beyond this particular thread, much like that other developer of classic planes who's now boycotting us.-

Guest CWD

>>I suggest that everybody go over to Bill's forum and let>him>>know there was no malice directed his way, lest we end up>with>>a repeat of a recent unfortunate incident. >>I'm not so sure about that. I don't think anone owes Bill or>Brian Gladden any apology for things said here. Frankly, I'm>getting tired of these "developer-meltdowns". Bill Lyons has>always struck me as a gentleman, but his comments about Avsim>indicate that his feelings about the site go beyond this>particular thread, much like that other developer of classic>planes who's now boycotting us.>>>-

I am totally confused now!! I cannot for the life of me see anything negative in this thread about Bills package other than some saying they thought it was a little fast. I somewhat agree with Bob that maybe posting about a freeware model to offset this one was a bit uncool, but still nothing negative. I can only guess that he got plenty of emails from idiots saying how things "needed" to be changed.I got it this morning and did a quick pattern before work and it is a fantasic package, definately worth the price (as are all his works!)I am going to go fly some more and try not to think about this and look at the little red head kid in the back of the pacer and ponder why he doesn't look like me (mailman??)Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

I don't think the aircraft was removed because of the (few) negative comments here..."The package obviously has problems that we did not intend or realize. It may be returned as a saleable aircraft if and when we feel it is satisfactory and if we decide to continue."Don't know if he's refering to the power issue or something completely different..Since Bill has told us how to change the performance, anyone can change it to suite their needs so I don't see what the problem is. I'll be experimenting some tonight. The specs for the PA22-160 are:t/o roll: 1035 ft.Climb rate: 800 fpmTop speed: 123 kts TASI was airborne after 500 feet with the stock configuration so I'll try lowering the performance and see what happens."Frankly, I'm getting tired of these "developer-meltdowns"."That's a good name for this recent "trend". Seems AVSim and other sites have been leaving a trail of nervous wrecks behind them lately :-eek I think everyone needs to calm down and realize that it's just a computer game. It's meant to be FUN :-lol

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest JimC1702

It's a shame we have to go through this sort of thing almost every time some new package comes out. But I agree, I think the forums have been almost univeral in their praise for Bill and his work.Maybe there's another issue that caused the plane to be pulled. I certainly don't see anything posted here that would warrant that. Hopefully we're just being too sensitive.I'm grateful to this thread, though. I have revisited Brian's Tri-pacer and downloaded the retro panel, a new sound package, and paint scheme. I have a virtually new plane.Jim

Guest Zevious Zoquis

ah yes, that's my mistake. I forgot the link in the first thread here was direct to the tri-pacer page. I think my mention of the fact that a few posts had been deleted might be part of the problem. I didn't really intend it as an indictment of any sort - it's Bill's forum and if he feels the need to delete items that's his choice. I just didn't think there was anything in the deleted comments that really warranted deletion. Anyway, I do like the Pacer alot and hope it's available again soon so more folks can enjoy it...