Sign in to follow this  

Aircraft/Scenery Compatibility with P3D 2.5

also thanks to LM

Definitely big thanks to LM ... to be honest it's rare to get developers interacting with end users.  I appreciate them listening and progressing the platform.

What about addon aircraft (i.e.. A2A) and the Flight1 GTN & Opus?? Anyone have any time with these yet? Should these items be put on hold for new installers??

Do you need to uninstall then delete the P3D folder or should this be left intact?

A2A is fine,

GTN750 will need an update,

OpusFSI works but I had FPS issues with it

ASN will need an update

FSGRW will need an update

Orbx will need an update

Virtuali will need an update

FSUIPC already has an update

GoFlight and GIT is fine (exception, GIT will not work with PMDG DLL.XML entry)

PrecipitFX is fine

REX 4 TD will need an update

iFly 737 is fine

MJC Q400 is fine

Milviz 737, MD530,  is fine

Aerosoft Airbus

Aerosoft TwinOtter

Carenado S550

Carenado PC12 (well it has bugs but nothing related to v2.5)

PMDG 777 is fine

QW BAe 146 is fine

Captain Sim 777, L1011, (even C-130) are fine

Aerosoft airports (Bergamo, Dublin, Lisbon, Thessaloniki, Tromso, Sandefjord, Oslo, Seychelles) are fine

Fly Tampa (Copenhagen, St. Maarten, Dubai, Vienna, Athens, Montreal) are fine

Taxi2Gate (OTHH, LTBA, KMCO) are fine

29Palms is fine

Sim720 is fine

Nagasaki is fine

LFLJ Courchevel (LLH) is fine

Imagine Sim KAUS is fine

... I pretty much had to do all my own custom weather setup since I could not get any weather engine other than OpusFSI to work ... so my weather testing was limited to what P3D offers.

When I indicate "Fine" that indicates the same functionality that worked in v2.4.

I would uninstall v2.4, and manually make sure ALL the P3D folders are gone ... uninstallers will often leave files/folders intact that are not part of the original install and/or if they've been changed (i.e. by 3rd party).

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, for scenery products such as those from Aerosoft that mainly installed into the "Addon Scenery" folder that is now absent from v2.5 - can we just manually create the folder in the P3D root directory and install as normal?

Cheer

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Rob, for scenery products such as those from Aerosoft that mainly installed into the "Addon Scenery" folder that is now absent from v2.5 - can we just manually create the folder in the P3D root directory and install as normal?

Cheer

As far as we know we have no product that does that, we always default to the Aerosoft folder so it is easy to see what is installed. 

We are studying the new options of 2.5 btw, but in placement of product files and in new functionality. There are some things that are mighty interesting.

As far as we know we have no product that does that, we always default to the Aerosoft folder so it is easy to see what is installed. 

We are studying the new options of 2.5 btw, but in placement of product files and in new functionality. There are some things that are mighty interesting.

Apologies Mathijs, maybe I was thinking of another scenery developer who's addons reside in Addon Scenery folder - thanks for the reply.

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Is FS Global Mesh working in 2.5?

NAX669.png

Hi

I'm using REX4 TD in 2.5 ...what is the exact problem..seems fine to me,although i've probably missed something.

thanks for any help

steve

Hi

I'm using REX4 TD in 2.5 ...what is the exact problem..seems fine to me,although i've probably missed something.

thanks for any help

steve

I asked this on the Rex support site and they said that no update was needed.  I tried it and it seemed OK/

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Only issue i had was not setting the proper install path in the setup screen.it defaults to FSX .once i changed it to Prepar3d it installed perfectly.

using the PMDG 777 and Aerosoft A318/19..just waiting for updated libraries from ORBx and i'm sorted

steve

looks like a TD10?? in your photo.had a TD9KX for a few years,gone back to DW :smile:

Pilot's FS Global Weather updated for 2.5 and I have successfully installed FSDT sceneries.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

even if i add Addon scenery on p3d folder, it seem that aerosoft dont find the correct path..

even if i add Addon scenery on p3d folder, it seem that aerosoft dont find the correct path..

Aerosoft addons are located in Aerosoft folder not in addon scenery.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

Anyone got Aerosoft Düsseldorf to install correctly?I browsed to the location,but it's not showing in the scenery,even when added manually to the library,

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hi

Anyone know if Carenado Seneca V, Phenom 100 and B1900D work with P3D 2.5? I had them all ok with 2.4.

Thanks

simdown42

Anyone got Aerosoft Düsseldorf to install correctly?I browsed to the location,but it's not showing in the scenery,even when added manually to the library,

Düsseldorf is working fine here.

I have only pointed to my FSX installation in scenery library, did not need to install it twice.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi