Sign in to follow this  
ger

addon scenery

hi guys ,

were do i have to add the addon scenerys , there is no addon scenery folder or do i have to create one myself , this is version 2.5

thanks ,

gerard

Have the same doubt, many sceneries I have from Brazilian community and some designers, they just provide the folder to include on Addon Scenery, what should we do now with P3D 2.5?

LM should include this stuff in their release note like

* Bug fixes

*New stuff

*Surprises

- Removed Addon Scenery Folder! Deal with it now! haha

I suggest you look again. I found that folder without any issues!

hi guys ,

were do i have to add the addon scenerys , there is no addon scenery folder or do i have to create one myself , this is version 2.5

thanks ,

gerard

From what I have read (and hopefully understand), LM is getting away from using an Addon Scenery folder.  Appears they want developers to follow a new standard by placing files in the Windows Program Files folder by developer/publisher.  While our Addon Scenery folder would normally hold add-ons from all different developers mixed, this new way will keep each developers files separate.

This was already starting to happen a bit if you look at certain developers like Orbx, Aerosoft, and I am sure others.  They already were starting to have their own unique folders in the P3D root folder.  Moving forward, they just won't be in the root folder of P3D.  I guess technically you can still place you addons in any drive/folder you desire.  You can still create an Addon Scenery folder as well and continue to place stuff their.  You'll just have to first create the Addon Scenery folder this time around. 

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

A lot of the older installers, like Fly Tampa look for the Addon Scenery folder. I had one scenery install looking for the script folder. That's been eliminated, unless it is moved. Does anyone know?

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I have managed to install 4 FlyTampa sceneries with no issues at all. They even found the Addon Scenery folder without any input from me.

I suggest you look again. I found that folder without any issues!

Where? Please advise?

Thanks

Pedro

I wonder if Fly Tampa installer just created the directory on its own?

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

The v2.5 release begins a push to have developers respect Windows rules/permissions. For more information, please see the article Path Configurations inside the in the Learning Center.chm provided in the 2,5 file.

As part of that, the Addon Scenery folder has been removed. If third parties have used that folder in the past, it is recommended they update their package/installer appropriately.

If you are an end user, there is no issue manually creating that folder, but it is not directly supported by v2.5.

Prepar3D® Senior Software Engineer

From Adam Breed LM

Jorge

Lee

Removed

Lee

Could well be, because I did not create that folder. It was the very first add-on scenery I installed as the subsequent Uk2000 Scenery created its own folder. But I also noticed a TropicalSim add-on airport also automatically be placed there.

Pedro

Look here!

AddonScenery.jpg

Did u find out where is this addon scenery folder located?

Thanks

pedro

Gentlemen was this just testing it's all a bit changed you can have per 3 party scenery developer a different directory with a specific effect folder too as example:

My test:

General install dedicated SSD drive with the main install:

D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

D:\AddonScenery

D:\CustomAI

Configured the following cfg files in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

- effects.cfg

[Entry.0]

Path=Effects

[Entry.1]

Path=D:\AddonScenery\Aerosoft\Effects

- scenery.cfg

after entry 124 added

[Area.125]

Title=Dutch Airports - Rotterdam X

Layer=125

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Local=D:\AddonScenery\Aerosoft\Dutch Airports - Rotterdam

- simobjects.cfg

[Entry.0]

Path=SimObjects\Airplanes

[Entry.1]

Path=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

[Entry.2]

Path=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

[Entry.3]

Path=SimObjects\Boats

[Entry.4]

Path=SimObjects\Animals

[Entry.5]

Path=SimObjects\Misc

[Entry.6]

Path=SimObjects\Submersible

[Entry.7]

Path=SimObjects\Weapons

[Entry.8]

Path=SimObjects\Countermeasures

[Entry.9]

Path=D:\CustomAI\UT2 Aircraft

Created the following directories:

D:\AddonScenery\Aerosoft\Dutch Airports - Rotterdam

D:\AddonScenery\Aerosoft\Effects (special folder for all Aerosoft addon scenery effect files :-))

D:\CustomAI\UT2 Aircraft

Installed Dutch Airports from Aerosoft in the directory Rotterdam :-)

Copied the effects into the effects folder created and the sounds in the C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\sound

AI aircraft from UT and custom ones in D:\CustomAI\UT2 Aircraft

Further since I still have FSX i used the following shortcut in FSUIPC.INI

[Programs]

Run1=READY,KILL,"C:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe"

This gives a clean P3D V2.5 with the original files and a example how the file structure is changed ;-)

For example Lockheed use the %programfiles% as a example but I prefer a different directory so if every installer is changed and you can choose your own path and directory it would be fun :-)

Ok hope it's helpful....

Going to test other variants too

From the learning center

Files

The following content is configurable through path configuration files:

André

Gentlemen was this just testing it's all a bit changed you can have per 3 party scenery developer a different directory with a specific effect folder too as example:

My test:

General install dedicated SSD drive with the main install:

D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

D:\AddonScenery

D:\CustomAI

Configured the following cfg files in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

- effects.cfg

[Entry.0]

Path=Effects

[Entry.1]

Path=D:\AddonScenery\Aerosoft\Effects

- scenery.cfg

after entry 124 added

[Area.125]

Title=Dutch Airports - Rotterdam X

Layer=125

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Local=D:\AddonScenery\Aerosoft\Dutch Airports - Rotterdam

- simobjects.cfg

[Entry.0]

Path=SimObjects\Airplanes

[Entry.1]

Path=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

[Entry.2]

Path=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

[Entry.3]

Path=SimObjects\Boats

[Entry.4]

Path=SimObjects\Animals

[Entry.5]

Path=SimObjects\Misc

[Entry.6]

Path=SimObjects\Submersible

[Entry.7]

Path=SimObjects\Weapons

[Entry.8]

Path=SimObjects\Countermeasures

[Entry.9]

Path=D:\CustomAI\UT2 Aircraft

Created the following directories:

D:\AddonScenery\Aerosoft\Dutch Airports - Rotterdam

D:\AddonScenery\Aerosoft\Effects (special folder for all Aerosoft addon scenery effect files :-))

D:\CustomAI\UT2 Aircraft

Installed Dutch Airports from Aerosoft in the directory Rotterdam :-)

Copied the effects into the effects folder created and the sounds in the C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\sound

AI aircraft from UT and custom ones in D:\CustomAI\UT2 Aircraft

Further since I still have FSX i used the following shortcut in FSUIPC.INI

[Programs]

Run1=READY,KILL,"C:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe"

This gives a clean P3D V2.5 with the original files and a example how the file structure is changed ;-)

For example Lockheed use the %programfiles% as a example but I prefer a different directory so if every installer is changed and you can choose your own path and directory it would be fun :-)

Ok hope it's helpful....

Going to test other variants too

From the learning center

Files

The following content is configurable through path configuration files:

HI Awf..I definitely going to try out u recommendations to install scenarios/airports..However there is something I am having problems with and is to install Ivao MTL to use with Vpilot. The last ivao installer (they say is compatible with ptrepar3d) can not recognize the prepar3d install, so I am not being able to use the MTL for matching the nmodels during my connections having this annoying mismatch error. Any idea how make Ivao see the P3D path?
any help will be really appreciated
Thanks
Pedro 

HI Awf..I definitely going to try out u recommendations to install scenarios/airports..However there is something I am having problems with and is to install Ivao MTL to use with Vpilot. The last ivao installer (they say is compatible with ptrepar3d) can not recognize the prepar3d install, so I am not being able to use the MTL for matching the nmodels during my connections having this annoying mismatch error. Any idea how make Ivao see the P3D path?
any help will be really appreciated
Thanks
Pedro 

Sent you a PM

André