Sign in to follow this  
ger

addon scenery

I'm finding after I add a scenery (anywhere), P3D is not loading it.  If I disable it in LM it is still active!?  Do you believe this is some of the effects due to the new file structure?  I usually have to restart P3D in order to see the scenery I added.  This is just basic scenery using a scenery and texture folder... no installs or special .dll's or anything like that.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I'm finding after I add a scenery (anywhere), P3D is not loading it.  If I disable it in LM it is still active!?  Do you believe this is some of the effects due to the new file structure?

Yes that is correct every installer should be updated with new commands ;-) as for manual adding the scenery via the library I believe they changed that to not sure...

André

Your example of Simobject only worked for me when I remove any spaces from the folder name.

also where did you find in programfiles p3d thee folder sound??

Jorge

Your example of Simobject only worked for me when I remove any spaces from the folder name.

also where did you find in programfiles p3d thee folder sound??

Jorge

The sound folder is in the root of P3D v2.5 no changes there...

André

Paulo Ricardo a brazilian airport / scenery designer, develops and offer the Folder for example: "São Paulo - Rio de Janeiro route" we add this to Addon Scenery and load on Scenery Library, but now it's not working anymore.

How LM will deal with this kind of developers? They're doing great job, people paid for this work but we can't use it on 2.5?!?!

Paulo Ricardo a brazilian airport / scenery designer

His Brasilian sceneries are top drawer in fact.

I'm finding after I add a scenery (anywhere), P3D is not loading it. If I disable it in LM it is still active!? Do you believe this is some of the effects due to the new file structure? I usually have to restart P3D in order to see the scenery I added. This is just basic scenery using a scenery and texture folder... no installs or special .dll's or anything like that.

I am noticing this as well. As you mentioned, restarting will load the scenery. Hope the good folks at LM address this.

the right way now would be , the installer creates a folder say in drive X name  XXX. inside there 2 folders Sceney and Texture as always  , then he should execute a line like this 

pepar3d.exe "-ConfigContent: File=Scenery, Operation=Add, Path=X:\XXX, Title=Spain, Required=FALSE, Active=True"

done , the scenery appears in the Scenery Library and works...

Jorge

Can we have some clarification oh how things work without the addon scenery folder?

For those active developers who use the older folder setup, I presume they will update their installers to use the new structure.

For those non-active developers or those who have created their own scenery etc, how is the scenery now to be installed?

I have yet to install p3d 2.5 for fear of not being able to install my addon scenery.

As an aside will the migration tool be able to install fsx addons in to p3d 2.5 given this new file structure.

Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

Flytampa install such as Toronto does create the addon scenery folder

Rich Sennett

Hi everyone, I installed FS Global2010 mesh on M:\FSGLobal2010 directory. When I'm in prepar3d2.5 using the scenery library, do I add that directory or all the sub-directories? I'm also not sure if the directories have already been added as I do not remember how many of the sub folders have been added.

Thanks for any help

Francisco

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC