Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Incredible FPS performance with .35b1!

Here's a picture around Phoenix, Arizona.

I have  Andras's UHD in play, and SkyMaxx Pro decked right out...and giving me fabulous metrics.  I have picked up 2 FPS in this area, only by having gone to the latest beta.  I normally get between 27-29, pre beta, but now am getting in the same area, 29-31.  Has anybody else noticed a slight bump in performance? Did they tweak some slight file structure?  I read the release notes, but who knows...when they play around with the platform....but whatever...great performance as you can see in the top left, for the cloud sets...the great UHD mountains in the background...and some of the best flying, yet!  XPX ROCKS!

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/REQ

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/REl

Post Edit:  Wait a minute!  It could be also (actually, probably is...) the latest nVidia driver suite, that also fixes the PAPI lights in P3D.  I started using that yesterday..and then downloaded and installed .35b1.    Yeah...it's probably the new driver set:

Never looked at the framerates because that's not a problem for me, but I did update to 10.35r1 and 347.52 drivers.  No glitches, no problems.

Never looked at the framerates because that's not a problem for me, but I did update to 10.35r1 and 347.52 drivers.  No glitches, no problems.

Same here...just on my way to KLAX from Phoenix, Sky Harbor...at 14,000 AGL....great sky, great clarity...the driver and the beta are having a field day!

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/REE

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/RER

Very happy with the performance....very happy!

Looking great!  Just wait until Mr. X from the org finishes his KLAX and KPHX! 

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I've updated to the beta and the latest drivers and it is very smooth on my GTX 970.

I am running all the Sydney scenery, clouds, along with Aerowinx PSX and it is a beautiful sight to behold. I will post a video soon :)

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

That good to read!   XPX just keeps getting better and better....

is there a way to get beta's on steam, i am using 10.32, i bought xplane on steam because it was on sale and for 2 i dont use a dvd drive anymore, not even one installed

Is it my perception or the world detail distance way of working changed? I mean the streets now fade faster when you're getting away of any given group of streets. Perhaps this is helping to improve a lot the fps.

Alexander Colka

What is this "Mr. X", are those paywares? Could you post the link?  Thanks

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Here -- http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=82878

I believe it will be released as freeware like KSFO, KSAN? 

Thanks.  Very nice indeed, can't wait.  I will then finally ditch the free "payware" KLAX that was given to me free when I bought the FF 777.  I don't know who made that one, but the performance is terrible.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Is it my perception or the world detail distance way of working changed? I mean the streets now fade faster when you're getting away of any given group of streets. Perhaps this is helping to improve a lot the fps.

I cannot say for sure, but it seems to me on  that on the next selection from the "highest" I could see the downtown high rises in Seattle when taking off to the north from KSEA, but now I cannot.

You may be on to something as this would certainly provide a boost. Maybe they made a change and did not document it?  :ph34r:

Bob

I cannot say for sure, but it seems to me on  that on the next selection from the "highest" I could see the downtown high rises in Seattle when taking off to the north from KSEA, but now I cannot.

You may be on to something as this would certainly provide a boost. Maybe they made a change and did not document it?  :ph34r:

Bob

I can't wait until there's an XP version that finally addresses this sort of stuff.

I know they said 10.3 & now 10.4 (and maybe XP11 - who knows).....Can't happen soon enough.

Makes such a huge difference in certain regions to see (or not see) certain major landmarks in the distance.

I can't wait until there's an XP version that finally addresses this sort of stuff.

I know they said 10.3 & now 10.4 (and maybe XP11 - who knows).....Can't happen soon enough.

Makes such a huge difference in certain regions to see (or not see) certain major landmarks in the distance.

I am not really sure where they draw the line between 10 and 11.   XPx is a project, and from a engineering point of view should be well managed, meaning they already must know what is in and what is out, in addition to fixing whatever bugs popup, with regards to time and scope. 10 at this point IMO has a skeleton crew to some degree and "the money" part is being watched like a hawk!

Bob