Sign in to follow this  
sd75lover

buying P3D

i have had it with FSX, and I want to know a way to buy a permanent p3d license without paying money each month, I am currently in high school and I love flight simulation, last week I did flight on fsx my fsx crashed and after trying to restart. it said it was missing files and I needed to reinstall fsx. also is there a way to migrate my pmdg 777 from fsx to p3d, for a cheaper price?

But the academic licence, it'll cost you 50 bucks only once and you're done (at least until v3 will be released which won't happen anytime soon).

And to use the PMDG 777 in P3D you will have to buy it all over again, even if you bought it already for FSX. There's no other way to get around that. Yes, it sucks.

Hi,

there is no need to pay per month, That's the developer licence which I suppose does not fit anyway.

The available licenses are here

http://www.prepar3d.com/product-overview/prepar3d-license-comparison/

It's up to you to decide which one is proper. The only way to buy is using a Credit Card from LM's store.

Concerning the PMDG 777 (which I don't have) there is no cross-upgrade available. You should decide now: Either you want to get it, than buy it soon, as there is an introductory price. Or just don't buy it at all.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Since you are in high school, the Academic License is appropriate for you, and will be until you receive your bachelor's degree at the very latest.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

But the academic licence, it'll cost you 50 bucks only

That would be nice if it was Jeroen. $59 +8.99 Sales Tax. Total =68USD. I have asked in the P3D forum why I was charged sales tax, as in NZ, we do not pay tax on online purchases. There was no option to avoid paying it, and was even applied after my adress details were entered. First time I have been charged tax by a online vendor.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

That would be nice if it was Jeroen. $59 +8.99 Sales Tax. Total =68USD. I have asked in the P3D forum why I was charged sales tax, as in NZ, we do not pay tax on online purchases. There was no option to avoid paying it, and was even applied after my adress details were entered. First time I have been charged tax by a online vendor.

The whole online sales tax saga is confusing and complicated. Am aware that from 1 January 2015, EU VAT will be charged in the country where products are bought as opposed to the country where they are sold. the USA has its own state laws and then theirs the rest of the world. Some countries have signed up to certain directives and some have not. You need to be a tax lawyer to sort it all out. The bottom line is, many governments are cracking down on the Internet sales tax avoidance. To be certain what the law is, go ask yours.

Well, it actually IS 50 bucks, US dollars, that is. I suppose that 59 of yours are down-under-dollars or something? And sales tax, as DarkstarF16 posted, is something new and something confusing.

The price for the Academic is indeed $59.95 as posted on the P3D store right now. Tax? Who knows but the base is $59.95 -- or $60 rounded up.

Lyn

should I get P3d or stick with fsx cause im graduating from high school in 1 years and I am trying to get my Private Pilot license I currently have 47 hours, and I am planning to work with cathay pacific.

Well, it actually IS 50 bucks, US dollars, that is. I suppose that 59 of yours are down-under-dollars or something? And sales tax, as DarkstarF16 posted, is something new and something confusing.

In my post above Jeroen, i posted the total "Total =68USD". Somehow you missed that entirely :)

As I posted, including tax, which i will be looking into.  Total in NZD is 96.00. Ouch

The whole online sales tax saga is confusing and complicated. Am aware that from 1 January 2015, EU VAT will be charged in the country where products are bought as opposed to the country where they are sold. the USA has its own state laws and then theirs the rest of the world. Some countries have signed up to certain directives and some have not. You need to be a tax lawyer to sort it all out. The bottom line is, many governments are cracking down on the Internet sales tax avoidance. To be certain what the law is, go ask yours.

Our law is "No Tax on online purchases" under $750 NZD

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi Julian

This reminds me of the way airlines rip-off customers charging fuel surcharges when the price of oil is tumbling by the barrel-load. No justification, just sheer greed.

Hi Julian

This reminds me of the way airlines rip-off customers charging fuel surcharges when the price of oil is tumbling by the barrel-load. No justification, just sheer greed.

Yes, crazy stuff. At the moment, USD is not very favorable either. 2 months ago, it was 1NZD was .86 US, now it is 73. When I purchased P3D, not only did I get charged US tax, I also got charged 2.50 admin fee, #####?

Stop hijacking my thread

it is not off topic, and is to do with pricing.