Sign in to follow this  
urgeflaske

Whats going on with my pc and P3D?

Hi!

Ok, so i previously made a thread about this problem as i thought the problem only occured with Carenados products. But i figured it wasnt.. I bought the following addons for my P3D:

- Carenado B200 KING AIR

- Carenado PC12

- Carenado B1900D

- Wilco TBM850

- MILVIZ B350i

So my problem is.. Every time i start with one of these aircrafts, the engine runs for about 30 seconds, but the displays inside the aircraft looks like they are in the start-up phaze. But the aircraft start rolling during those 30 seconds. Then i put parking brake on. Then when i try to start the engine(s) again, the aircraft will start rolling again, up till around 20 knots. And it also sounds like the engine is going full power.

This cant be normal right? It takes away all the realism with the aircraft acting like this.

So what i've tried so far is:

*Reinstalling the aircrafts.

*Reinstalling Windows and P3D

I dont have any joysticks connected, or joystick drivers installed. (i had the same problem even with that installed)

My speccs are:

Windows 7 64-bit
Processor: AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (4 GB)

Can someone out there please help me? You might have a solution that i could try? I feel like i wasted so much money and time on this if i cant get this to work :(

There is a bug in P3d 2.4 and possibly before this that shuts down turbo prop engines when you load them, even if the previous aircraft flown was running with engines on. It appears at first that the engines are running but in fact they are on idle power and ignition is off. So what you are seeing is the engines running down. I believe P3d 2.5 will/has fixed this. In the meantime, the only way to load  turboprops with the engines running is to save a flight then reload that flight in which case your engines will be fully functioning. Otherwise load the aircraft and perform a start up.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

There is a bug in P3d 2.4 and possibly before this that shuts down turbo prop engines when you load them, even if the previous aircraft flown was running with engines on. It appears at first that the engines are running but in fact they are on idle power and ignition is off. So what you are seeing is the engines running down. I believe P3d 2.5 will/has fixed this. In the meantime, the only way to load  turboprops with the engines running is to save a flight then reload that flight in which case your engines will be fully functioning. Otherwise load the aircraft and perform a start up.

Thanks for fast reply.

Im already running P3d 2.5 and the problems still occours.

I've also started the planse cold & dark, and when i turn the engine on, the plane will start rolling in about 20-30 knots and full power, even when the throttle is set to neutral.

So my problem is.. Every time i start with one of these aircrafts, the engine runs for about 30 seconds, but the displays inside the aircraft looks like they are in the start-up phaze. But the aircraft start rolling during those 30 seconds. Then i put parking brake on. Then when i try to start the engine(s) again, the aircraft will start rolling again, up till around 20 knots. And it also sounds like the engine is going full power.

I can't help i'm afraid but the same thing happens to me,  i have to flick the throttle up and down on my Logi Stick to disengage throttle.  

I can't help i'm afraid but the same thing happens to me,  i have to flick the throttle up and down on my Logi Stick to disengage throttle.  

Thats exactly what i have to do aswell. Its really annoying!

Can i ask what your pc specs are?

I used this fix and it helped.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/414375-tips-for-lhc-turboprops/

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Can i ask what your pc specs are?

i73930K    16 gig ram    Gtx 690 4gig Vram    Pd3 installed on its own 500 gig SSD   

Thank you Vic.   I'm downloading 2.5 as i type so i will try this myself. 

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/414375-tips-for-lhc-turboprops/

Vic

I was really crossing my fingers after i tried that solution. But it didnt help for me. Plane even stars rolling really fast with parking brake engaged. Thanks though!

i73930K    16 gig ram    Gtx 690 4gig Vram    Pd3 installed on its own 500 gig SSD   

Ok, so im guessing it hasnt something to do with our hardware since we got different parts.

Don't know if it makes a difference but I always start cold and dark. Then go through the startup routine. The "fix" has worked on all the turbo's I've tried it on. Play with the setting.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Don't know if it makes a difference but I always start cold and dark. Then go through the startup routine. The "fix" has worked on all the turbo's I've tried it on. Play with the setting.

Vic

I tried many different settings, but my plane just keeps rolling with high rpm. If that was the problem, then everyone would have the same problem as me and we would see loads of threads like this one.

I just dont understand why these aircrafts works for some and for some other it doesnt.

I might have misread the Op's question. I thought you were talking about P3d and engines not started when loading an aircraft. If you are saying the aircraft is "running away" when you first load it, then the most likely cause is the condition lever is high when you load. On some aircraft this effectively raises the idle power of the engines, and creates forward thrust.

I would not recommend fiddling with the Beta or prop angle in the aircraft cfg because doing so might interfere with other parameters the developer probably worked hard to tune.

Usually the solution is to apply parking brakes as soon as you load the aircraft, keep the power levers idle and if there are condition levers keep them on low settings. Sooner or later the engines will settle down.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I might have misread the Op's question. I thought you were talking about P3d and engines not started when loading an aircraft. If you are saying the aircraft is "running away" when you first load it, then the most likely cause is the condition lever is high when you load. On some aircraft this effectively raises the idle power of the engines, and creates forward thrust.

I would not recommend fiddling with the Beta or prop angle in the aircraft cfg because doing so might interfere with other parameters the developer probably worked hard to tune.

Usually the solution is to apply parking brakes as soon as you load the aircraft, keep the power levers idle and if there are condition levers keep them on low settings. Sooner or later the engines will settle down.

Well, your post did make sense though. Could sound like the problem im having.

As soon as the aircraft is loaded i do the cold and dark option (if its possible for the plane). Then i do a fast start up with every one of the power levers on the lowest adjustment as possible and also parking brake engaged. The plane still runs away....

Well, your post did make sense though. Could sound like the problem im having.

As soon as the aircraft is loaded i do the cold and dark option (if its possible for the plane). Then i do a fast start up with every one of the power levers on the lowest adjustment as possible and also parking brake engaged. The plane still runs away....

Both FSX and P3d have hard coded turbo prop start up routines. Unless you write incredibly complex custom coding to defeat this, turbo props, especially those with less than massive propellers, can over-speed on start up. One way to stop this happening is to radically slow down the engine response to power, but that throws up other problems.

We spent hundreds of hours stopping this from happening in the Duke T V2 by very careful modelling and some custom coding.

However I don't think it should be as bad as what you describe from the list of the aircraft you have. Try shutting down then starting with auto start (CTR E) then watch what the auto functions do. I can't see what you are doing so it is hard to judge but did you see the bit about the condition levers? On most turbo props they affect power/idle settings.

Both FSX and P3d have hard coded turbo prop start up routines. Unless you write incredibly complex custom coding to defeat this, turbo props, especially those with less than massive propellers, can over-speed on start up. One way to stop this happening is to radically slow down the engine response to power, but that throws up other problems.

We spent hundreds of hours stopping this from happening in the Duke T V2 by very careful modelling and some custom coding.

However I don't think it should be as bad as what you describe from the list of the aircraft have. Try shutting down then starting with auto start (CTR E) then watch what the auto functions do. I can't see what you are doing so it is hard to judge but did you see the bit about the condition levers? On most turbo props they affect power/idle settings.

Thanks for explaining!

Well, when i do the checklist for my PC12 it says "CONDITION LEVER - GROUND IDLE" and thats what i have it on. Even with that the plane just runs away.

The King Air 350 that comes with P3D works perfectly. But the MILVIZ B350i doesnt. How come the MILVIZ version run away but the P3D default 350 doesnt?