Sign in to follow this  
urgeflaske

Whats going on with my pc and P3D?

Just did a little experiment. As i mentioned in my previous post: Default B350 works, MILVIZ B350 doesnt.

So i copied the propeller settings from default B350 aircraft.cfg into the MILVIZ one. The MILVIZ didnt run away.. So that must mean something right?

@Robert: Im already in contact with Carenado, but they had no idea so they gonna investigate. They told me first to change Mesh resoulution etc. But that obviously didnt help.

I think the key to starting a turboprop is to have  the park brake on, the Condition lever fully aft, start the engine, and at 10-15 ng crack the cond lever, the engine will start and the ac wont move, then when it is up to normal , increase tthe CL to max.

Jorge

I think the key to starting a turboprop is to have  the park brake on, the Condition lever fully aft, start the engine, and at 10-15 ng crack the cond lever, the engine will start and the ac wont move, then when it is up to normal , increase tthe CL to max.

Jorge

Thanks for your reply!

The numbers on NG just shoots up to like 100 no matter what kind of position the condition lever is in. This happens on all the aircrafts.

The King Air 350 that comes with P3D works perfectly. But the MILVIZ B350i doesnt. How come the MILVIZ version run away but the P3D default 350 doesnt?

The Milviz KA-350i is still an "Alpha" project, and is being updated quite frequently. In fact, I just completed compiling new installers for both FSX and P3Dv2 versions.

I've found that I need to set the "condition lever(s)" on my CH Yoke way below Ground Idle. In fact, I just barely crack 'em open. One other thing is that for some reason both FSX and P3D will completely ignore the initial positions of the prop lever(s) and assume they are set for full fine...

...I have to rapidly cycle the prop lever(s) fully forward and back again before the sim will respond to them.

What version are you running right now?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The Milviz KA-350i is still an "Alpha" project, and is being updated quite frequently. In fact, I just completed compiling new installers for both FSX and P3Dv2 versions.

I've found that I need to set the "condition lever(s)" on my CH Yoke way below Ground Idle. In fact, I just barely crack 'em open. One other thing is that for some reason both FSX and P3D will completely ignore the initial positions of the prop lever(s) and assume they are set for full fine...

...I have to rapidly cycle the prop lever(s) fully forward and back again before the sim will respond to them.

What version are you running right now?

Great!

Im running P3D v2.5 if thats what you ment?

But i can read reviews about some of the airplanes ive bought, so since the ratings were great the planes must have worked for the testers. And since also the user Poppet has the same problems it must be really random that it works for some and for some others it dont.

PS: Im really grateful that you guys trying to help me! :)

I've got the PC12 and I've seen these issues before.

If you use Carenado's cold and dark settings it seems to generate this response when you load a plane.

Here's my suggestion:

Load the plane at any airport, select Carenado's ready to taxi settings.

Shut down the plane following the Checklist.

Save the flight as the default flight.

Next time you load a new flight use the scenario screen to pick you airport.

Follow the start up Checklist especially as it pertains to condition lever and PCL settings. Should not overrun anymore.

I've got the PC12 and I've seen these issues before.

If you use Carenado's cold and dark settings it seems to generate this response when you load a plane.

Here's my suggestion:

Load the plane at any airport, select Carenado's ready to taxi settings.

Shut down the plane following the Checklist.

Save the flight as the default flight.

Next time you load a new flight use the scenario screen to pick you airport.

Follow the start up Checklist especially as it pertains to condition lever and PCL settings. Should not overrun anymore.

But this doesnt happened only when using the Cold and Dark settings. It happens the moment i load the aircraft. Boom, and it runs away. Then the engine stops, and i start it again it will run away from me again.

But if i follow your advice, will i be able to chose where to park at the airport? Or will the plane just load from where i saved it?

And thanks btw!

If it happens when you're loading the aircraft, that means you're saving the default flight with the engine running. Try starting flights without the engine running - see how it behaves when you start up the engine following the checklist, as I mentioned in my email.

Once you have a default, shut down flight saved, you can select whichever airport and location you want, the point is that you have FSX/P3D saved in a state where engines are shut down and systems are turned off, but not via the "Cold and Dark" button method.

Give that a try and see if it helps.

If it happens when you're loading the aircraft, that means you're saving the default flight with the engine running. Try starting flights without the engine running - see how it behaves when you start up the engine following the checklist, as I mentioned in my email.

Once you have a default, shut down flight saved, you can select whichever airport and location you want, the point is that you have FSX/P3D saved in a state where engines are shut down and systems are turned off, but not via the "Cold and Dark" button method.

Give that a try and see if it helps.

Wow, that actually works! Thank you man!

But is it normal the NG is rising up to like 100 when starting the engine? And it really looks like the plane just wanna run away, but thanks to the parking brake its not.

Since this solution works, isnt it possible to find the source of the problem?

Anyways, thanks again!

No worries buddy.

Can't say I know exactly WHY it does that... it might have something to do with the way the turboprop model is hardcoded into FSX/P3D.

Unlike jets, and I believe unlike pistons, a lot of the turboprop engine modelling is hardcoded and can't be changed without using custom variables outside of the sim. This is probably some sort of byproduct of the mixture/auto-feathering prop control logic.

It's not normal to spike up to 100% - it is normal to spike up to something like 70-75% (not that in reality it should do that either).

Unless you custom code, all turbo props in both FSS and p3d have a start routine that settles around 54% N1 after initially peaking at around 70% N1, Thus during the process the prop rpm is going to vastly exceed normal ground idle for a few seconds unless you slow the engine response so much that it becomes unusable in flight.

The way around this is to spend a lot of time tweaking until you get the best compromise between turbine response and other things like prop tc, beta angle and other params. It is extremely difficult to tweak without many hours devotion so any developer facing this has my sympathy!

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page