Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

[Beta Preview] NGX SP1d

While the 777 might not have gotten too much added to it in SP1d, the NGX has a couple modifications. One of them is visible here.

Can you spot it?

2015-2-12_18-34-6-42.jpg

Cockpit Shadows in DX10 mode??? Because that would be awesome! Considering how well the shadows in DX10 mode work in my Aerosoft A320

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Guys, quick question regarding usage of the WXR, does it provide proper results without ASN? I'm using a freeware tool called FSRealWX lite which is working fabulously for me. 

Guys, quick question regarding usage of the WXR, does it provide proper results without ASN? I'm using a freeware tool called FSRealWX lite which is working fabulously for me. 

Nope.

Kyle Rodgers

Too bad, but I wanted to take the plunge anyway... this is probably a good incentive. :smile:

Don't think it will work at all because I believe it used the ASN module which reads ASN weather.

Will it be possible to load en route winds and descend forecast winds like in the 777? 

Marius S

Will it be possible to load en route winds and descend forecast winds like in the 777? 

This!!! One of the biggest things I miss when I go from the 777 to the 737!

The real thing I want to know - will we get Split Scimitars yet? Or is that like a SP2 thing?

- Steven

Gigabyte Aorus Elite, Ryzen 9 5900x, MSI NVIDIA RTX 3080, 2x 27' 4K displays

The real thing I want to know - will we get Split Scimitars yet? Or is that like a SP2 thing?

I guess this is like a SP2 thing. 

Come on Robert, we want this nice update now. :search:

Philipp Schwaegerl

WXR is no doubt a great thing. But some of us simply cannot afford ASN on top of $100 full pack for the NGX and another $120 for the T7... Or cannot handle it systems-wise. It'd be very nice to see some visual changes that we all can enjoy such as Splits (becoming more common IRL as well)

- Steven

Gigabyte Aorus Elite, Ryzen 9 5900x, MSI NVIDIA RTX 3080, 2x 27' 4K displays

Maybe the sp1d will have the SPWs, I don't know. It was just a guess. 

But ASN doesn't cost $100. It's about $50. And if you can upgrade from an older version of Active Sky it's just around $35. Or you wait for a discount on a sale. 

Even without PMDG, I cannot fly without ASN anymore. It's such an awesome tool.  And why would your system not handle it? It's not very hard on my system. You don't have to max out the settings in ASN.

Philipp Schwaegerl

WXR is no doubt a great thing. But some of us simply cannot afford ASN on top of $100 full pack for the NGX and another $120 for the T7... Or cannot handle it systems-wise. It'd be very nice to see some visual changes that we all can enjoy such as Splits (becoming more common IRL as well)

I run a 4 year old dell XPS laptop and can handle 777/737 + ASN + ORBX Global and Vector + REX4 +REX Soft Clouds, all with medium-high FSX settings + AA, all at 20FPS min (Aerosoft EGLL in 777 VC) to 50FPS high (NGX VC Cruising).

Gents,

Remember that this is SP1d and not SP2. The 777 SP1d was pretty minor in terms of updates - apart from supporting FSX:SE, it only got a few background modifications - and the same will be true of this update too, though some minor items have been added.

Also, the original post wasn't meant to be a challenge (I'd assumed it was pretty obvious). Note that the line was "one is visible," and it was followed by "can you spot it." Only one is visible in the picture. It was the radar.

RSR will post more detail when he posts the next update. I don't mean to hang you guys out too much in suspense, but I also don't want people running off on their vivid imaginations of what might be included here.

Kyle Rodgers

Then you better get to saving your money for a better computer.  Then go ahead and purchase ASN now to break up the cost.  If you have been simming from the beginning like most of us and do not have a decent PC then you don't need to be flying.  Get you money game up.  :)