Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

[Beta Preview] NGX SP1d

One thing I'd really wish for, would be more rubber tips on the light switches, atleast on the turnoffs and logo, so far I've been to atleast 200 B738 cockpits and most of them have the full set or only 2 or so missing.
Also the fact that they are usually replaced every now and then, and if an a/c happens to lose them, they will be put back on soon enough... That would add a bit realism. :)

On a side note, just wondering, any plans to include these additional lights in future updates?
cabinaltitudelights.jpg

It is now a mandatory requirement to have all B737's fitted with these. All 737's that were made after 2008 already have them, and ones that dont, have to be retrofitted, it's a new regulation due to a couple of incidents where pilots mistakenly identified cabin altitude warning as t/o config.
So I guess it would make sense to have it in the NGX, since it's not some kind of a rare airline option :)

Not a request, but just curious if split scimitar winglets have been considered in any future service packs for the NGX. I understand this would involve some minor FDE updates though, so perhaps it's a bigger project than is worth the effort. On that note I suppose it could be left unchanged with the written understanding of that, similar to the 747-8 update only being a model/FDE update and nothing more.

Can't remember where I got it. If anyone wants to host it, I'll post it somewhere.

Thanks alot, Kyle...

Well, I'm very interested! I don't know who else, but could you maybe be so kind, as to PM me (here on AVSIM) with it, perhaps? :) 

Hope that's okay.

Thanks alot!

(keep up, the great modding-job, Kyle!) :)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Thank you Kyle .......NGX was the most flown model for me so far with its variations ....With T7 following in a distance...... Leaving MD11 slightly behind but proud .....Adding a weather radar to NGX......I believe it will stay at the top for long time.....Great picture

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Kyle

Just one little question.......

As this update is also intended as the P3D initial release.....I guess cockpit shadows and the HGS work also in P3D?

regards

+1

Also the NGX was not as fps as the 777, has that been looked at all?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Another day without the update.  <_<  :wacko:

Oh no! The world is ending!

Don't add drama here, please.

For what it's worth, we're getting a new test build today. Relax.

Kyle Rodgers

Was I the only person who heard the Eastenders theme in my head after reading this? (The Brits will get this....)

*add drama:

Philipp Schwaegerl

So I guess it would make sense to have it in the NGX, since it's not some kind of a rare airline option :)

support.precisionmanuals.com - suggest it.

*add drama:

haha - well played.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok, thank you for this information, even when it means that we have to wait a little longer until we get this service pack. I can´t really imagine what you/PMDG changed or improved on this stunning aircraft, but i´m happy to find it out soon ;)

I think PMDG could launch open beta updates in a regular basis... Active Sky Next releases several open betas before launching a service update... This could combat piracy, as everybody wants the latest version available... But that's just my humble opinion...

After reading through this thread, I won't be surprised if a Boeing Co engineer pops in here to ask for something to be included in SP2 so they can see how it works before considering it for the real a/c!

Compared to the 777, 737's have sooooooooooooooo many options in the RW. I really doubt PMDG can include every single one but maybe the more common and modern ones...like some panels, lights and switches in the VC, new winglets and new CFM56-7BE engines. This would be worth paying for.