Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

[Beta Preview] NGX SP1d

Why PMDG can't send aerosoft the full installer for the customers, bought it via aerosoft (download version). 

I understand, why there is a problem for the DVD-customers, but the digital version shouldn't be a problem at all, honestly. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

I'm in the same boat...bought the download version via Aerosoft. Uh oh...

I have the NGX in the DVD version on `normal` FSX... So how (and when) do I get SP1d? 

I'm in the same boat...bought the download version via Aerosoft. Uh oh...

Same here, I was under the impression that, once SP1d has been released, PMDG would send the updated installers to Aerosoft and we could get them from there. Is this not the case?

Steve Hungerbühler

Sorry if I`m missing something but why can`t we just update via the OC like with the 777 updare?

Sorry if I`m missing something but why can`t we just update via the OC like with the 777 updare?

That was my first thought too.  :unsure:

Philipp Schwaegerl

I think you guys forgot the last 777 update (SP1D) was not an update through the OC, It was a full installer available on your account page on the PMDG website, same as the NGX update will be. This is because of the change for compatibility for FSX-SE as well as P3D. If you updated from the OC then you have SP1C, not SP1D.

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Thanks for your response Kyle!

Would someone be able to link me to the ENB mod? Much appreciated. 

-Cris Ten Eyck

I think you guys forgot the last 777 update (SP1D) was not an update through the OC, It was a full installer available on your account page on the PMDG website, same as the NGX update will be. This is because of the change for compatibility for FSX-SE as well as P3D. If you updated from the OC then you have SP1C, not SP1D.

Tom Cain

Ok thank you!I now understand this. But I`m kind of confused with roberts post. I`m a NGX DVD user and I use normal FSX does this mean I have to wait 2 month until I can get SP1D for the ngx?:(

Ok thank you!I now understand this. But I`m kind of confused with roberts post. I`m a NGX DVD user and I use normal FSX does this mean I have to wait 2 month until I can get SP1D for the ngx? :(

I don't know if it will be 2 months, but it won't be in the initial update release, sorry. PSR has said, they are working with Aerosoft, on how best to push the update to the DVD customers, but nothing yet has been decided. This is the danger of buying from a separate publisher, rather then directly from the developer. The same thing happened with CS and Just Flight, but that was worse, since both severed ties with each other, so the JF customers were left out from the latest CS updates. That's not the case with PMDG and Aerosoft (At least not yet) so I'm sure they'll come up with a solution soon. You have to remember, when you purchase from a 4th party publisher, your sales and support agreement is with them not the developer, even though people tend to blame the developer in these cases. It's really the publishers issue.

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Ok thank you!I now understand this. But I`m kind of confused with roberts post. I`m a NGX DVD user and I use normal FSX does this mean I have to wait 2 month until I can get SP1D for the ngx? :(

Sounds like it... 

According to RSR's post here...: 

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/462821-21feb15-a-couple-general-updates-ngx-j41-xplane-p3d/

"Your patience is appreciated, and to be candid it may be another 4-8 weeks before we can coordinate the plan being explored in partnership with Aerosoft....  Until then there isn't anything we can do to help you- but we are working on it."

So it could be 2 months (8 weeks)... but as Tom (post above) very correctly said - that's the 'danger' from buying from a seperate publisher... 

I guess, even if though it's the Aerosoft-download-version, there's still some support and serial-number issues (and license issues?) which makes Aerosoft responsible for supplying the update to their customers (Box- and download-version) - not PMDG... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Thanks for your response Kyle!

Would someone be able to link me to the ENB mod? Much appreciated. 

-Cris Ten Eyck

I've send you a PM with a link :)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471