Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Yet Another Saitek Yoke Question?

Looks like I'm going to have to replace my yoke for the FORTH time!!!!! Yoke AND throttles are dying on me;-(

To be fair, I do generally use my FS system for several hours a day, 365 days a year, and have been doing so since around 1996;-)

I thought i might try the Saitek 'Cessna' yoke this time, but have a question....

I see the Cessna model turns a full 90 degrees, and that's twice as far as the normal Saitek Pro yoke.  In theory it should, but does this really translate to better or finer control when making small adjustments?

No dount the usual Saitek 'binding' issue occurs when applying small amounts of both axis simultaneously? Thats a design flaw and not mach can be done.

Used my pals brand new CH yoke last week. For all Saitek's quirks and bad bits, I still MUCH prefer it over the CH model.

If you use it that much, get the PFC. Nothing comes close to its quality and it will never break on you. It'll be cheaper in the end.

sig01.png

If you use it that much, get the PFC. Nothing comes close to its quality and it will never break on you. It'll be cheaper in the end.

Simple!  Can't afford it;-)

If you do change your yoke a fifth time, you'll have paid more than the PFC. That's why I suggested it. Keep an eye for used ones, they're built like tanks, 5 years use is still brand new.

sig01.png

Looks like I'm going to have to replace my yoke for the FORTH time!!!!! Yoke AND throttles are dying on me;-(

To be fair, I do generally use my FS system for several hours a day, 365 days a year, and have been doing so since around 1996;-)

I thought i might try the Saitek 'Cessna' yoke this time, but have a question....

I see the Cessna model turns a full 90 degrees, and that's twice as far as the normal Saitek Pro yoke.  In theory it should, but does this really translate to better or finer control when making small adjustments?

No dount the usual Saitek 'binding' issue occurs when applying small amounts of both axis simultaneously? Thats a design flaw and not mach can be done.

Used my pals brand new CH yoke last week. For all Saitek's quirks and bad bits, I still MUCH prefer it over the CH model.

Really? I've used my CH for 10 years about once a week a sqirt a little WD40 on the shaft and it stays smooth as glass I just recently upgraded to the Goflight pro yoke and in some ways the CH feels better then the $750 yoke.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Really? I've used my CH for 10 years about once a week a sqirt a little WD40 on the shaft and it stays smooth as glass I just recently upgraded to the Goflight pro yoke and in some ways the CH feels better then the $750 yoke.

Yeh, just a personal thing David. Nothing wrong with CH quality, just don't like the layout.  Very much prefer the middle detent and separate throttles. Saitek could possibly learn a thing or two from CH about longevity;-)

Yeh, just a personal thing David. Nothing wrong with CH quality, just don't like the layout. Very much prefer the middle detent and separate throttles. Saitek could possibly learn a thing or two from CH about longevity;-)

True that tell me how the saitek Cessna yoke is when you get it as the goflight yoke is a bit heavy for GA planes.The middle detent has has always been a major detection for me as I never felt one flying a real plane so if the Cessna yoke doesn't have one I plan on getting one.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I'm REASONABLY sure, though not certain, but i think the Cessna yoke inner guts, are the same the pro flight model, meaning it would have the detent

...but then as some on here would no doubt tell you, I have been known to talk utter "£$%^&*() sometimes;-)