Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Zanot

ATC suggestion

Hello!

I would like to kindly ask if somebody knows an ATC addon (pay or free) that can be installed and controlled from a networked client.

I have Radar Contact and ATCPRO-X, but they both shows on the main FSX pc and can be controlled only from the main FSX pc.

I just would like to read and answer/control the ATC from the client pc.

Thanks a lot!

PROATC-X can be used in a network configuration. It connects through the SimConnect client. Do you already use a network configuration for something like Active Sky?

Jaime Boyle

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

yes and the connection with ASN works.

i meant PROATC-X, sorry, i mistyped.

well, as i was saying i have it and it is not controlled from the client, nor you can read the atc from there.

Profight Emulator (PFE) can be networked, in fact some of it's features like remote text, can't be used unless you have it networked. It's an older program though so it does it with Peter Dowson's WideFS not Simconnect. I'm not 100% sure, but I think Radar Contact as well as VOXATC also support Networked client installations. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

again, yes, RC and VOXATC do network connection, but, they can be controlled only from main fsx pc.

thank you very much i will look into PFE.

Sorry Alberto, I misread what you are actually trying to achieve!

I used PFE a long long time ago, haven't used it in a while but if I remember rightly it is controlled and the voice does come out on the networked pc. I could be totally wrong on this thought because, as I said, it has been a while since I used it.

Jaime Boyle

pilotbanner.jpg

I'm going to check it out, and i will report.

bytheway, if you think about it, what i would like to achieve is very very simple! :) a little program running on a networked pc, that controls the ATC, even the default atc...

i've spent 2 days looking for something like this... nothing!

i think i will do better if i program it myself, i will ask Pete if WideFS and FSUIPC can interact with the atc somehow.

I don't want to get into this or that argument. ProATC is being actively developed again. It is pretty well thought out as far as flight simulator software goes. The moderators on the forum are very good when it comes to helping users with their issues. I've tried all of them. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. I just found that PATC has more of the former and fewer of the latter. Too bad Peter Dowson is semi-retired. If he built one, it wouldn't win any design awards, but it would be rock solid.

When you say control ATC, are you talking about substituting the verbal commands or actually controlling the AI? If you mean the latter, the only ATC program out there now that does this is VOXATC, it generates and controls it's own AI. All the others, only interact with the AI, not control it.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

no no never talked about AI.

I would like to read and control the ATC from another PC.

That is all.

btw i tried proflight emulator, and it has to be controlled by the main pc, as every other atc i've tried :(

i think i will never get this. giving up.

btw i tried proflight emulator, and it has to be controlled by the main pc, as every other atc i've tried

Shame, I though that would have been the solution for you.

Jaime Boyle

pilotbanner.jpg

thanks anyway jaime!!

peter, i am still not skilled enough for close-to-real procedures :(

maybe one day..

tom, from voxATC website: 

Can VoxATC X be run on a 2nd PC via WideFS?
No, The current version must run on the same machine as MSFS so that the prompt window can be updated. Future versions will work remotely.

btw i tried proflight emulator, and it has to be controlled by the main pc, as every other atc i've tried

Both Radar Contact and PFE run very well on a networked PC,

I do not understand why you insist they don't.

All you need is Peter Dowsons WideFS http://secure.simmarket.com/pete-dowson-widefs7.phtml

And for the Radar Contact display on the networked PC you need Showtext (freeware) available from Peters site, http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

PFE ships with its own app to display on the client called  Remotetext.

Then all that is required to send the audio from your client Pc to your Sim Pc is a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio lead.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/3-5mm-Male-Stereo-Audio-Cable-A/dp/B000Q6LT26/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423840799&sr=8-2&keywords=3.5mm+to+3.5mm+audio+lead

I have been running both of these (mainly Radar Contact) on a network for years, both in fact run better this way.

If you also want to control either PFE or Radar Contact by voice rather than by keypress I can recommend VAC http://www.dwvac.com/

Once you have creatd a profile it works really well

ProATC is being actively developed again. It is pretty well thought out as far as flight simulator software goes.

As ATC software it is certainly not very well thought out, the procedures are about as far from real world as it is possible to get. it does not seem to use FAA or ICAO atc rules or anything close to them.

peter, i am still not skilled enough for close-to-real procedures :(

maybe one day..

Well, there's a big difference between real life and Vatsim: nobody dies when you make a mistake. And if you start in an area with not a lot of traffic then ATC is all game to help you figure it out.

Another way to get ready is to join a virtual airline that is also a Vatsim training organization. There are many people out there who would be most happy to help anyone who is interested in online flying.

Cheers,

Peter