Sign in to follow this  
Evren Gokasar

P3d 2.4 to P3d 2.5

sorry guys my english not good sorry aobut that.

First of all I'm going to install p3d 2.5 .(I have 777-200 , 300 exp. too) .Do I have to unregister product from fmc section ?

Do I have to unregister product from fmc section p3d 2.4

I believe that the only time you have to unregister the 777 is if you are changing the operating system on your computer....eq windows 7 to windows 8..... or you are moving to a new machine. In these cases you unregister the 777 to avoid maximum activations issue.

upgrading from 2.4 to 2.5 does not require the 777 to be unregistered

Roy

Roy Jordan

well probably I'm gonna make clean install for p3d 2.5 so I need to unregister in p3d 2.4 :)

It doesn't hurt to unregister it so I would just do it anyway. 

It doesn't hurt but there is no need.  I did a complete removal of P3Dv2.4 and defragged the disk it was on.  On installation of PMDG77X in P3Dv2.5 the validation was still current.

Dan Downs KCRP

This is good to know.   I had that same issue last night where an upgrade attempt from 2.4 to 2.5 failed and had to uninstall it completely and was wondering the same thing.    Very happy to know a reinstall of P3D will not 'waste' a PMDG activation.      

Michel.