Sign in to follow this  
Randh

"This file was blocked because it does not have a valid signature"

Hi, all,

I have been flying the PMDG 747-400 for quite a while, and the last time I had flown it fine was just 2-3 days ago. When I chose the PMDG 747 to fly today, I got the following error:

================================================================================

Windows has found a problem with this file:

PMDG_747400_Main.DLL

Publisher: Unknown Publisher

This file was blocked because it does not have a valid digital signature that verifies its publisher.

================================================================================

The only addons I have installed recently was KEWR scenery from Drzewiecki Design and the E190 engines from Turbine Sound Solutions. The file itself doesn't show a recent modified date. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm a bit perplexed at how something that worked just two days ago suddenly got this error.

Thanks in advance to anyone who figures this one out.

Sounds like the account that you are using does not have the correct ADMIN rights

Try running the program with admin rights

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X; ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 OC Edition,; Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 64GBSamsung Odyssey G70B 32inch 144Hz 4K UHD IPS Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160
Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; Tobii 5 Eye Tracker,  Trustmaster Boeing Yoke & Quadrant 

Paul Nicholls

Please sign your posts with your FULL name as per forum rules and then we can give you support. (That goes for both the above...)

Hi, all,

I have been flying the PMDG 747-400 for quite a while, and the last time I had flown it fine was just 2-3 days ago. When I chose the PMDG 747 to fly today, I got the following error:

Windows has found a problem with this file:

PMDG_747400_Main.DLL

Publisher: Unknown Publisher

This file was blocked because it does not have a valid digital signature that verifies its publisher.

The only addons I have installed recently was KEWR scenery from Drzewiecki Design and the E190 engines from Turbine Sound Solutions. The file itself doesn't show a recent modified date. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm a bit perplexed at how something that worked just two days ago suddenly got this error.

Thanks in advance to anyone who figures this one out.

-Rand Huck

Sorry, it looks like I can't edit the OP with my name, but it is Randall Huck (I could have registered it with my nickname, Rand Huck though).

KingOfLienster, I haven't ever run FSX with admin privileges and I've been using the same user since I got this computer. Nevertheless, I tried running as admin, but I got the same problem. One thing that might have also changed things is I believe my computer performed updates on Windows 7 in the last week. I suppose it's possible one of those updates changed the way DLLs load?

Sorry, it looks like I can't edit the OP with my name, but it is Randall Huck (I could have registered it with my nickname, Rand Huck though).

KingOfLienster, I haven't ever run FSX with admin privileges and I've been using the same user since I got this computer. Nevertheless, I tried running as admin, but I got the same problem. One thing that might have also changed things is I believe my computer performed updates on Windows 7 in the last week. I suppose it's possible one of those updates changed the way DLLs load?

Thanks, PMDG normally ignore and/or delete posts with no names! 

Do you have any antivirus software installed?

Hmm... well, I did do a quick scan, which prompted a reboot (although all it found were some questionable cookies which I highly doubt would cause a DLL to get corrupted) and after rebooting the PMDG started working again... so perhaps there was some weirdness going on with whatever validates DLLs that was fixed by resetting everything.

In any case, thanks for the help. At least I can run my 747 again.

Hmm... well, I did do a quick scan, which prompted a reboot (although all it found were some questionable cookies which I highly doubt would cause a DLL to get corrupted) and after rebooting the PMDG started working again... so perhaps there was some weirdness going on with whatever validates DLLs that was fixed by resetting everything.

In any case, thanks for the help. At least I can run my 747 again.

Glad you got it sorted.